Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

You didn't show deadpool. Also I think preview will be suppressed due to nba final.

Deadpool opened over a Holiday w/e. Sunday was flat from Saturday because it was VD and Monday was President's Day.  It was also Feb so school wasn't out on Thur & Friday.

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Deadpool had a 10.4 multiplier. I had forgotten about it. That being said this has no where near the hype deadpool had when it opened. 

It's not impossible it does 10.5 multi given the nba finals and all but i highly doubt it will get that. 8-9 is where it will land most likely

Deadpool also had Valentine's Day on Sunday, so it's not a good comparison IMO.

6 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Deadpool had a 10.4 multiplier. I had forgotten about it. That being said this has no where near the hype deadpool had when it opened. 

It's not impossible it does 10.5 multi given the nba finals and all but i highly doubt it will get that. 8-9 is where it will land most likely

Yep, as others pointed dp is not a good comparison.

So, updating my prediction, 

$13.4 million previews

$115 million OW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

For $80m+ OW does the preview need to be at least $8-9m?

If it really does end below 100, then this forum doesn't speak for the GA. Everyones been saying breakout for months now with that thread being one of the busiest.

I thought Pirates was going to be the one to breakout but then reviews (and the movie not living up to the trailer) killed that idea. Had the perfect date too.

5 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

For $80m+ OW does the preview need to be at least $8-9m?

I would say 9-10 would be more suitable for 80m+

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Yep, as others pointed dp is not a good comparison.

So, updating my prediction, 

$13.4 million previews

$115 million OW.

That makes far more sense and seems probable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

$13.4 million previews

I'll be surprised if they are that high if my theater was any indication. For comparisons sake, BATB was packed Thursday night with nearly every showing being at least 30-40% full and Guardians was way fuller then it was tonight.

But this is probably going to have a huge Saturday and like some said in the tracking thread, the finals probably played into people waiting until the weekend.

Edited by somebody85

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I'll be surprised if they are that high if my theater was any indication. For comparisons sake, BATB was packed Thursday night with nearly every showing being at least 30-40% full and Guardians was way fuller.

But this is probably going to have a huge Saturday and like some said in the tracking thread, the finals probably played into people waiting until the weekend.

Guessing a OW by a single theater is only a little better than me guessing from india.

I will be not shocked if this opens to anything b/w 90 and 120.

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

Guessing a OW by a single theater is only a little better than me guessing from india.

I will be not shocked if this opens to anything b/w 90 and 120.

Of course. But other people weren't reporting much differently. I was surprised at the lack of business tonight even with the finals due to this being such a big event film in manys eyes.

Usually my area is in line with these big openings and the theaters will be pretty full. Just saying that didn't happen earlier.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

$10m+ previews would indicate to me that for some reason WW is an outlier. 

I guess we'll see or it could be like a situation with the original POTC (that was more the next weekend though) or Deadpool where WOM kicks in tomorrow and all of sudden people start to really show.

Reviews might not make as much of a difference as people think.

My understanding is, Wonder Woman is less popular than Superman. Plus MoS had pretty amazing marketing. Under 100m for WW wouldn't surprise me.

Then again, SS did 130m+ on OW and that had a bunch of nobodies in it...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Reviews might not make as much of a difference as people think.

My understanding is, Wonder Woman is less popular than Superman. Plus MoS had pretty amazing marketing. Under 100m for WW wouldn't surprise me.

Then again, SS did 130m+ on OW and that had a bunch of nobodies in it...

That trailer and the joker though....so many people went to that for the joker

• Like 2