Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Her "iconic" status dates back to the 70's when she had a half-successful TV show. As for the mass media zeitgeist, it has been almost entirely created by her appearance in BvS and the marketing/hype that surrounds modern superhero blockbusters.

Once again, read the first pages of the Wonder Woman thread, then remember that two networks passed on two different WW series since then. The popularity of the character had and has a lot of room to grow - and the same goes for the success of an eventual sequel.

All fair enough and I just said not too long ago that she was clearly not in the top tier before this movie release, so maybe she could join it, but that would happen by this movie life (legs and home video run), not because it was setup by this 90m OW.

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Not sure how you can say that lol. Not even through the first full day... 

Like I said earlier just using the Guardians.  Of course there's a bit of facetiousness 

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Not sure how you can say that lol. Not even through the first full day... 

i think he is making a 'ww equals gotg1 previews & ow, so ww2 equals gotg2 ow' joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I'll be ecstatic if it hits $100m but I don't see a superhero movie having a 2.5x.

Please make over $80m, please!! 

This will be over 80 comfortably this weekend

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

I got to say, that would be extremely disappointing for Wonder Woman. Barely making more than Dr. Strange despite a much bigger property, crossover appeal, better reviews, and more marketing would be....not very good. This isn't Ant-Man or 2011 Thor. Wonder Woman is an icon in a well-received movie making her decades awaited debut. Obviously I know I have to say that it's a great number and that expectations should be reasonable etc. etc. etc., but meh. I think that anything under 95 is a big disappointment in context (though obviously still great in a vacuum).

Does Wonder Woman have more marketing? I saw a shitton more for Doctor Strange last November and October than I have in the past month for Wonder Woman. I've been surprised how few ads I've actually seen for Wonder Woman on TV really.

Agree with the rest of your post though.