Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

3 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

The actual will likely depend a lot on how the basketball game goes tonight. If it's a blowout, Wonder Woman could drop less than 20%, but overtime could push the drop to 30%.

Not a chance imo.  I don't think the playoff game will affect it that much.  30% is too high for the first Sunday imo.

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

It's up to China, I guess. China saved Resident Evil Final Chapter and XXX.

But it didn't help Power Rangers and Lego Batman. And AC opens the week before TLK.

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Not a chance imo.  I don't think the playoff game will affect it that much.  30% is too high for the first Sunday imo.

It has a decent sized effect. Here's how Sunday looked last year, when Game 2 was pretty much a blowout: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2016-06-05&p=.htm

And here's how 2015 looked when the game went into OThttp://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2015-06-07&p=.htm. Even Spy, whose audience was 60% female, dropped 32%.

Edited by Biggestgeekever

6 hours ago, ACSlater said:

CW probably required the Cap movies (being a sequal it makes sense) and Age of Ultron...hardly all of them...

I like the universe building and payoff of sticking it through especially when Marvel has done such a fantastic job of it...unlike like the morons at DC (sans WW ofcourse)....

You can admit it. MCU is paying you under the table aren't they. 

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, it's not a 100% safe zone for flops, lol. 

Lego Batman didn't flop, though. :)

LB finished at $6M.

3 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

It has a decent sized effect. Here's how Sunday looked last year, when Game 2 was pretty much a blowout: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2016-06-05&p=.htm

And here's how 2015 looked when the game went into OThttp://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2015-06-07&p=.htm. Even Spy, whose audience was 60% female, dropped 32%.

IMO, those movies didn't have the interest that Wonder Woman does.  So I don't think it will fall nearly that much.  So I'm sticking with less than a 25% drop.

• Like 2

Wonder Woman had a great male turnout.  It pretty much doubled the attendance of The Fault in Our Stars.  If almost half male came out for Wonder Woman and it opened to 100, that is alot of people.  (remember the lines for Fault in our Stars?)

Just now, Matrix4You said:

This was the 2015 NBA Finals for Game 5

Game 5 *: Sun, June 14, Cleveland at Golden State, 8 p.m. ET, ABC

Jurassic World had a 17.9% drop and made 57 million that Sunday.

That was also Father's Day too.

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

IMO, those movies didn't have the interest that Wonder Woman does.  So I don't think it will fall nearly that much.  So I'm sticking with less than a 25% drop.

Well yeah, since Wonder Woman has a 9 digit OW. ;) But I understand what you are getting at; based on the strength of its opening and the WOM, Wonder Woman should hold 5-10% better than the average, but if the game goes into OT, that average drop is going to be close to 35%. So it's not a guarantee the film increases from actuals, but I do think there's a good shot and it will very likely (like, 95% likely) stay above $100M.

And to @Matrix4You's point, Jurassic World had roughly the same hold as Avengers on Sunday despite opening in mid June. If it wasn't for the NBA finals, it probably would have had a 10-12% Sunday drop.

25 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well I mean I'm cool with action movies as long as he they are worthy of the talent that he brings to the table. I love the MI franchise should be pretty obvious. But god damn A Few Good and Rain Man are damn good movies and like to see him do more stuff in that vain of work.

"They don't make movies like that anymore blah blah blah"

He's Tom motherfucking Cruise he can do whatever the hell he wants

Tom Cruise should do Top Gun 2.  It'd be about Tom Cruise and his F-22 Raptor singlehandedly taking out North Korea's entire 1960s air force.

• Like 1