Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, Nova said:

Folks who don't think the DCEU has bad WOM need to read all the reviews that pretty much say the films up until this point have sucked. And that's including critic and user reviews. 

The GA likes the DCEU because Blu-Ray sales and HBO ratings are strong, plus SS had a great multi :redcapes: 

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Some comps: From 38, if it follows the weekend IM of:

Dr. Strange, it does 99.19.

Guardians 1, 94.7.

Guardians 2, 99.3.

Logan, 101.8.

Civil War, 90.16.

Suicide Squad, 78.28.

Deadpool, 106.3

Cap 1, 96.18.

So pick which one you think it will perform like, I guess.

Anything but its fellow movie in the same universe. Damn. 

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I picked Cap 1 because they're both period origin stories of iconic characters releasing in summer instead of spring. Winter Solider IM gives it 97.8.

Just wasn't sure only because the number was more in line with WS

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

qBERGaQ.png

behold my masterpiece.

Anyway, numbers are looking nicer. This is straight out of my ass but I think it'll tend to fall on the high end of the projected numbers we get this weekend.

But that's not a limited edition Blu, so why would CJohn be worshiping him? :jeb!: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Some comps: From 38, if it follows the weekend IM of:

Dr. Strange, it does 99.19.

Guardians 1, 94.7.

Guardians 2, 99.3.

Logan, 101.8.

Civil War, 90.16.

Suicide Squad, 78.28.

Deadpool, 106.3

Cap 1, 96.18.

So pick which one you think it will perform like, I guess.

Buzz and WOM remind me of Logan, at the very least.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

But that's not a limited edition Blu, so why would CJohn be worshiping him? :jeb!: 

You can his hands are down in shock, or even disgust. Got a real "wtf" appearance, in terms of body language. He is clearly very disappointed in Tele; as per usual.

art.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Is more reliable RTH or Gitesh, and if RTH is early numbers and Gitesh is the new???

I'm not a troll, I'm just ask

rth is generally the most reliable source you can get for early numbers. He has magical access to the data that flows in.

Gitesh, as well as any of the trades (Deadline, Variety, etc) are just passing along the information they get from the studios, I believe. This isn't to say that such information is bad, but rth has access to it earlier in the chain and can actually see how things are trending and such.

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Anything but its fellow movie in the same universe. Damn. 

Suicide Squad really just fell off a cliff on Saturday.  I remember as the updates were coming in it was just nuts.  Dropped 40% from previews/Friday.  Not even BvS off an inflated holiday Friday did that only falling 37%

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

You can his hands are down in shock, or even disgust. Got a real "wtf" appearance, in terms of body language. He is clearly very disappointed in Tele; as per usual.

art.

Oh I see! That's clever, that's clever!

Image result for split barry

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

qBERGaQ.png

behold my masterpiece.

Anyway, numbers are looking nicer. This is straight out of my ass but I think it'll tend to fall on the high end of the projected numbers we get this weekend.

Why am I merely a man? This picture is heresy of the highest order.

• Like 1

FWIW, Wonder Woman did well in the three areas I track last night (Miami, D.C., and Atlanta) but it did absolute gangbusters tonight in Miami and especially D.C. compared to yesterday. In D.C. particularly it did like GOTG 2 level well, maybe more. That makes sense for a few reasons tbh - D.C. probably has more liberal young professional women than any city in America outside maybe NYC.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Folks who don't think the DCEU has bad WOM need to read all the reviews that pretty much say the films up until this point have sucked. And that's including critic and user reviews. 

Yet their movies are selling like hotcakes on Blu-Ray when they come out. I don't know if you buy movies you hate. Because i certainly don't lol

• Like 2

Just now, mredman said:

Yet their movies are selling like hotcakes on Blu-Ray when they come out. I don't know if you buy movies you hate. Because i certainly don't lol

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The GA likes the DCEU because Blu-Ray sales and HBO ratings are strong, plus SS had a great multi :redcapes: 

All I need are those HBO ratings now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I would say Wonder Woman might make anything between X-Men Apocalypse ( 543 million worldwide ) and Logan ( 608 million worldwide ).

I think 700 million won't happen by any means. 600 million not a lock, either. I suspect Wonder Woman might end up playing a lot like a X-Men flick. Better legs than the usual DC movie, which means it won't drop 67 or 69% like every previous DCEU flick. 

Maybe this movie could even make the same numbers that Lucy made, overseas. Remember, Lucy made 336 million overseas. Let's hope WW makes at least that. If it makes 225-250 million domestic, then its final worldwide number might be closer to X-Men Apocalypse.

I agree. It's so fucking sad that the two best SH movies of year (and probably, the only good ones), will end as the lowest grossing of the bunch, urgh.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

How many superthero movies had a multiplier over 2,5 ?

TDK

Avengers

Deadpool

and ?

If serious, alot:

BB

TDKR

SM

GoTG

IM

CA: TWS

SM2

Dr.S

etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I agree. It's so fucking sad that the two best SH movies of year (and probably, the only good ones), will end as the lowest grossing of the bunch, urgh.

Your lack of faith in Lord Taika is disturbing.

4 minutes ago, mredman said:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen poster
Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $402,111,870 Details
International Box Office $434,407,829 Details
Worldwide Box Office $836,519,699  
Home Market Performance
Domestic DVD Sales $221,996,361 Details
Domestic Blu-ray Sales $50,115,537 Details
Total Domestic Video Sales $272,111,898  

Transformers: Dark of The Moon

Home Market Performance
Domestic DVD Sales $56,921,405 Details