Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

3 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Nah, he's usually reliable. Much, MUCH more reliable than early DHD numbers, for starters.

but when deadline posted an update to 38 too like RTH numbers then i knew something was indeed fishy with gitesh tweet. It would not make sense for deadline to update on numbers that was more accurate. So the update for 38 is indeed the more accurate

$100m OW probably won't happen, here's a list of movies with that opening day range and their OW. In this list only 2 movies opened $100m+ both were animations. Secret Life of Pets and Shrek 3.  

Fast & Furious 6- $38.7m  OW- $97.4m    
     The Secret Life of Pets- $38.5m     OW- $104m
     Shrek the Third- $38.4m     OW- $121.6m
    Godzilla (2014)- $38.4m  OW- $93.2m    
     Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- $38.3m  OW-     $93.7m
     Guardians of the Galaxy- $37.8m     OW- $94m
     The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey- $37.1m  OW-     $84.6m
     Captain America: The Winter Soldier- $36.9m  OW- $95m    
     Twilight- $36m     OW- 69.6m
     X-Men: Days of Future Past- $35.5m  OW- $91m    
     Iron Man- $35.2m  OW- $98.6m
     The Amazing Spider-Man- 2 $35.2m  OW- $91.6m    
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides- $34.9m  OW- $90.2m
     X-Men Origins: Wolverine- $34.4m  OW- $85.1m
    Fast Five- $34.4m  OW-     $86.2m
     Inside Out- $34.3m   OW- $90.4m    
     Logan-     $33m  OW- $88.4m

For obvious reasons I left out movies that didn't have a FSS opening. WW would need a $40m+ opening day to get $100m+ or very strong holds on Saturday and Sunday.  Besides the 2 mentions above, the only other movie not to have a $40m+ od and open $100m+ is Spider-Man $39.4m OD $114.8m OW. As I compiled this list I see RTH updated,  so the range isn't $33-39m anymore it's closer to $38m, still $100m isn't likely without incredible Sat/Sun holds.

Source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/?page=open&p=.htm

Edited by Caladbolg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

yeah it really sucks. Hope at least that Friday number can go up to 6.3 or 6.4

Yeah..when they said 6.3 initially I was thinking it will go up to 6.5...but it came down to 6 instead :)

it is tough to stop hoping. am hoping for 6.2 and a 52% sat bump and 22% sun drop...and a 23 weekend!

6.2 + 9.4 (+52%) + 7.4 (-22%) = 23

Given that they overshot BvS by 4-5 million to pass Potter before actuals, I would not be surprised at a 100+ million estimate if it's looking to be within a million or two.   The headline for a woman superhero film is too big to pass up.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It's to early to make a full analysis, but Wonder Woman seems to be tracking to around $330m-$360m OS, it will need at least $250m DOM to cross $600m WW, it will be a really interesting battle better her and Logan WW.

I would say Wonder Woman might make anything between X-Men Apocalypse ( 543 million worldwide ) and Logan ( 608 million worldwide ).

I think 700 million won't happen by any means. 600 million not a lock, either. I suspect Wonder Woman might end up playing a lot like a X-Men flick. Better legs than the usual DC movie, which means it won't drop 67 or 69% like every previous DCEU flick. 

Maybe this movie could even make the same numbers that Lucy made, overseas. Remember, Lucy made 336 million overseas. Let's hope WW makes at least that. If it makes 225-250 million domestic, then its final worldwide number might be closer to X-Men Apocalypse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

but when deadline posted an update to 38 too like RTH numbers then i knew something was indeed fishy with gitesh tweet. It would not make sense for deadline to update on numbers that was more accurate. So the update for 38 is indeed the more accurate

It happened two years ago with Ultron. 

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

RTH got AOU wrong and no one disowned him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

For those of you who doesn't know!!!!!

Suicide Squad home video sales First update has the film at 80mil in home video sales on its way to 130mil+.

BVS will end its run right at 100mil,mos 106mil.

The notion that The previous films hurt WW is ridiculous.

Another example of Expectations too high.

A female Superhero film opening to 75-96mil&600+mil ww is already an accomplishment.

Captain Marvel will surely have the same potential.

It's possible for me to have high expectations, and the critical failures of the past DC films to have an effect on the GA perception of the franchise.

• Like 1

Some comps: From 38, if it follows the weekend IM of:

Dr. Strange, it does 99.19.

Guardians 1, 94.7.

Guardians 2, 99.3.

Logan, 101.8.

Civil War, 90.16.

Suicide Squad, 78.28.

Deadpool, 106.3

Cap 1, 96.18.

So pick which one you think it will perform like, I guess.

• Like 1