kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Just saw the tracking for BW and found it pretty low. I don't if they are considering the Covid-19 situation to get worse but all numbers for the other films seems like expected. I was thinking of WW84 if BW end up with that number because I always knew that BW would make a bigger OW.

Meanwhile we hear Warner Bros. will stay put with its upcoming summer releases, Scoob! on May 15 and juggernaut Wonder Woman 1984 on June 5. Ditto for Paramount and SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run: no plans to move the pic.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/black-widow-f9-no-time-to-die-coronavirus-impact-on-box-office-1202874214/

And there is no plans for WB to change the date apparently.

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

Just saw the tracking for BW and found it pretty low. I don't if they are considering the Covid-19 situation to get worse but all numbers for the other films seems like expected. I was thinking of WW84 if BW end up with that number because I always knew that BW would make a bigger OW.

And there is no plans for WB to change the date apparently.

If things don’t improve( I hope they do), WB will definitely move ww84. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Where would they possibly move this? 

Personally I have no idea where they would move it. I’m sure WB is hoping this can all get under control in the next few months ( they have april/May) but who knows what’s going to happen right. 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Where would they possibly move this? 

The 2nd half of the year is pretty open tbh. Just pick whatever date they want, and the smaller movies will scurry away in reaction.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

I mean realistically wherever this moves(if it does) it should make it’s money. I’m sure once things can get under control(hopefully sooner rather then later on) people will be very happy to get back to every day normal life things like this. 

Edited by cax16

Just now, meridan said:

Someone suggested Dec 2020 and I agree. WW84 would flourish in Dec with no Star Wars or Jumanji films this year. WB can move DUNE to 2021. 

Honestly that date would probably be great for WW, but who knows what WB’s plans are. Right now everything is up in the air till things get better. 

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

We can’t just have every movie that’s being released within the next few months getting pushed back. That would be sheer insanity.

What else do you want studios to do? Just lose the revenue they were expecting? It’s worth it to take the marketing hit and release it another time.

Honestly, probably only mcu movies which are connected will have the toughest time with respects to moving schedules but they’ll make it work(if it needs to be done).

Edited by cax16

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Honestly that date would probably be great for WW, but who knows what WB’s plans are. Right now everything is up in the air till things get better. 

It would be great, but I think WB is hesitant because the film has already had 3 release dates and they have been sitting on this film for a long time already. 

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

What else do you want studios to do? Just lose the revenue they were expecting? It’s worth it to take the marketing hit and release it another time.

Honestly, probably only mcu movies which are connected will have the toughest time with respects to moving schedules but they’ll make it work(if it needs to be done).

But if they move all these movies to later dates, what about the movies that are supposed to be coming out in 2021? Would the Matt Reeves Batman movie have to get pushed back as well in order to accommodate for all the movies being released in close proximity to it? I wouldn’t want that. 

Edited by WittyUsername

40 minutes ago, meridan said:

Someone suggested Dec 2020 and I agree. WW84 would flourish in Dec with no Star Wars or Jumanji films this year. WB can move DUNE to 2021. 

Dune is gonna be an Oscar player for them, they're not moving it to 2021

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

But if they move all these movies to later dates, what about the movies that are supposed to be coming out in 2021? Would the Matt Reeves Batman movie have to get pushed back as well in order to accommodate for all the movies being released in close proximity to it? I wouldn’t want that. 

I don’t want anything to delayed either but right now we’re dealing with a pretty unique situation and everyone’s going on a wait and see basis I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SEPTEMBER 2020

September 4 (Friday) Honest Thief / Monster Hunter / Unhinged

September 11 (Friday) The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

September 18 (Friday) Connected The King's Man Without Remorse

September 25 (Friday) Last Night in Soho / The Many Saints of Newark / Praise This Starbright (Limited) / The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Limited)

OCTOBER 2020

October 2 (Friday) Bios / Venom 2

October 9 (Friday) Death on the Nile / Respect The Witches

October 16 (Friday) Halloween Kills

October 23 (Friday) Everybody's Talking About Jamie Snake Eyes / Those Who Wish Me Dead

NOVEMBER 2020

November 6 (Friday) The Eternals / Stillwater (Limited)

November 13 (Friday) Clifford the Big Red Dog / Deep Water

November 20 (Friday) Godzilla vs. Kong

November 25 (Wednesday - Thanksgiving) Happiest Season / King Richard / No Time To Die / Raya and the Last Dragon

DECEMBER 2020

December 11 (Friday) Samaritan

December 18 (Friday) Coming 2 America / Dune / West Side Story

December 23 (Wednesday) The Croods 2 / Tom and Jerry

December 25 (Friday - Christmas Day) News of the World / The Nightingale / The Tomorrow War / The Last Duel (Limited)

December 30 (Wednesday) Escape Room 2

September seems good.

October and November = no.

December seems the best option indeed.

Edited by belblazer

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

We can’t just have every movie that’s being released within the next few months getting pushed back. That would be sheer insanity.

And you don't want summer, a very lucrative time to be empty as well. 

• Like 1