kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

On 2018-02-08 at 5:37 PM, StevenG said:

The Expendables writer doing script chores on the sequel doesn't fill me with confidence...why not lure Heinberg back? He did a great job with the first film...

SM Homecoming had like 8 writers and 2 of them directed the god awful Vacation reboot. If Patty wants him then I’m 99.9% confident in her judgment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StevenG said:

I am just curious about what led Heinberg not to be in the sequel; that's all. 

I think Jenkins probably wanted more creative freedom, which included greater control of writing duties. Johns and she were reportedly working on the story and script months back, even before the Expendables guy was hired on her request, so I assume they had already finalized on most of the details (in her WW interviews, when asked about a sequel, she always said she had a clear idea of where she wanted the story to go next and what aspects of the character she wanted to explore further).

Besides being confident in Jenkins' vision and ideas for the character and film, another reason I'm chill with Heinberg not returning is from his works that I've read, his forte always seemed to be younger and more idealistic characters. The Wonder Woman comic he wrote had Wonder Girl Donna Troy take on the WW mantle to help track down a missing Diana. So he seemed like a great fit for a "green" Diana from the original movie. The Diana here however is rumored to have already spent about 70 years in Man's World, and is no longer the naive fish out of water she was during World War I. My guess is they hired him just for the first film because they (especially Johns) were aware that he was particularly good with coming of age superhero stories (Heinberg's most famous comic work is Young Avengers, who are basically Marvel's Teen Titans).    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I think Jenkins probably wanted more creative freedom, which included greater control of writing duties. Johns and she were reportedly working on the story and script months back, even before the Expendables guy was hired on her request, so I assume they had already finalized on most of the details (in her WW interviews, when asked about a sequel, she always said she had a clear idea of where she wanted the story to go next and what aspects of the character she wanted to explore further).

Besides being confident in Jenkins' vision and ideas for the character and film, another reason I'm chill with Heinberg not returning is from his works that I've read, his forte always seemed to be younger and more idealistic characters. The Wonder Woman comic he wrote had Wonder Girl Donna Troy take on the WW mantle to help track down a missing Diana. So he seemed like a great fit for a "green" Diana from the original movie. The Diana here however is rumored to have already spent about 70 years in Man's World, and is no longer the naive fish out of water she was during World War I. My guess is they hired him just for the first film because they (especially Johns) were aware that he was particularly good with coming of age superhero stories (Heinberg's most famous comic work is Young Avengers, who are basically Marvel's Teen Titans).    

Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

Ready to be insulted, but she can be a great choice for Cheetah or Circe

3558788_j7.jpg

She's cool, but at this point, she is such a recognizable star that her star persona would probably drown out everything else (even Gal's megawatt charisma). The "star" of WW2 should be Gal and the character of Wonder Woman, and you know that once someone like Jlaw gets cast in a role, the film's overall media narrative will become the Jennifer Lawrence show. Plus...I don't think her heart is really into these gigantic blockbusters. I would not have a problem if they gave her the lead role in a solo superhero film that capitalized on her own star wattage and screen persona (Dazzler? Black Canary?)....

Edited by StevenG

On 2/15/2018 at 4:06 AM, StevenG said:

I am just curious about what led Heinberg not to be in the sequel; that's all. 

I wish we had a better idea of exactly what story input happened at which point. Like we know that Heinberg, Johns, and Fuchs all had input into the screenplay at various points. Was any of Heinberg's work after Jenkins came on board? I thought that it was mostly Johns who worked with her; Fuchs had an earlier pass. Or was Heinberg's work an adaptation of the aborted WW origin TV series Amazon that provided the broad swaths of what happened in the film, but the actual specifics were due to Jenkins and Johns doing the tinkering?

20 hours ago, A Roc in Time said:

I wish we had a better idea of exactly what story input happened at which point. Like we know that Heinberg, Johns, and Fuchs all had input into the screenplay at various points. Was any of Heinberg's work after Jenkins came on board? I thought that it was mostly Johns who worked with her; Fuchs had an earlier pass. Or was Heinberg's work an adaptation of the aborted WW origin TV series Amazon that provided the broad swaths of what happened in the film, but the actual specifics were due to Jenkins and Johns doing the tinkering?

We know there was a writers room for it and Fuchs script made it out on top. So i'm guessing Patty, Heinberg & Johns worked together to tweak it and make changes. Patty tweeted that they all worked on the script together and all 3 were credited for the screenplay on the WB press release before WGA just made Heinberg the official writer.

21 hours ago, BeastByTheBay said:

We know there was a writers room for it and Fuchs script made it out on top. So i'm guessing Patty, Heinberg & Johns worked together to tweak it and make changes. Patty tweeted that they all worked on the script together and all 3 were credited for the screenplay on the WB press release before WGA just made Heinberg the official writer.

It's not unusual for the WGA for the first writer of the script to get credited even if the final script barely resembles the final version. 

Um...duh!!

Cheetah is Wonder Woman's best known villain. Her true-blue archnemesis.

I wholeheartedly applaud this, and I am confident that Jenkins and Co. will come up with something great for the sequel.

However...They tried to court Emma Stone to play The Cheetah? What in the bloody fuck?

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 2