kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

2 hours ago, StevenG said:

However...They tried to court Emma Stone to play The Cheetah? What in the bloody fuck?

If it's true, then I think they may be going for Greg Rucka's new Rebirth origin for Cheetah/Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva, where she was a close friend of Diana's before being cursed. That would make it a more meatier role than the run of the mill comic book villain, close to Harvey Dent/Two-Face in The Dark Knight. So I guess they are looking at "big name"/Oscar calibre actresses for the part.

First choice should've been Charlize though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Um, Deadline is the one that actually reported it

This is a more resonable source

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

but I saw the Wrap article first

the Wrap, ScreenRant and HeroicHollywood- triumvirate of shitty sources. And my reaction is absolute natural.

• Like 1

I wonder which version of Cheetah they're going for, I assume it's Barbara Minerva but it could easily be Priscilla Rich. 

It'll be interesting if Circe is also in the film, I think tying Cheetah's origin to Circe could work although they'd probably go for Eva Green if she ends up being in the film

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder which version of Cheetah they're going for, I assume it's Barbara Minerva but it could easily be Priscilla Rich. 

It'll be interesting if Circe is also in the film, I think tying Cheetah's origin to Circe could work although they'd probably go for Eva Green if she ends up being in the film

Probably Minerva, since that's the modern post crisis Cheetah, and the one that's commonly used nowadays.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Probably Minerva, since that's the modern post crisis Cheetah, and the one that's commonly used.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go for the Rebirth origin for Cheetah with some tweaks,

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they go for the Rebirth origin for Cheetah with some tweaks,

The rebirth origin would make the most sense from a story perspective, especially since there's actually some great conflict there, especially with Wonder Woman being unable to prevent Minevera from turning into The Cheetah. 

• Like 1