YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

15 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Van Helsing was a cinematic Abomination. Not one good performance out of all the actors.

10 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I really disliked VAN HELSING. On a visceral level. 

Then again, I haven't watched it since '04. No interest in revisiting it, though.

yeah but

Image result for kate beckinsale van helsing gif

• Like 3

Other problem is that good roles for men in their 50s start to dry up.  brad pitt and clooney produce most of their movies. but they are smart and hired great people to work with (especially pitt) and the output is excellent

look at liam neeson....excellent actor who should have won the oscar for schindler's list  and he's doing crap action

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

^hasnt even seen Monster Trucks

YOU PROMISED CJOHN

I promised you to see it on OD. The freaking movie wasn't released here in theaters lmao. I didn't failed my promise. It went to the same limbo where the UNTITLE CYBER THRILLER OVER 100M IN CHINA lives.

• Like 3

Variety claiming 14 Friday for MUMMY and 35 weekend.

52 for WONDR without any Friday guesstimate.

It’s still Wonder Woman’s world as Gal Gadot’s hit will dominate the weekend at the North American box office against a dismal debut for Tom Cruise’s “The Mummy,” early estimates showed on Friday.

“Wonder Woman” is heading for about $52 million at 4,165 sites in its second weekend while “The Mummy” is on life support with around $35 million at 4,034 domestic locations, according to Friday projections.

But “The Mummy” is heading for a beating. The opening is at the low end of the most recent projections, which were in the $35 million to $40 million range. Its opening day of $14 million, including $2.7 million from Thursday night previews, is a sharp contrast to “Wonder Woman’s” $38 million first day on June 2

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mummy-box-office-wonder-woman-winning-weekend-1202459998/

Just now, CJohn said:

I promised you to see it on OD. The freaking movie wasn't released here in theaters lmao. I didn't failed my promise. It went to the same limbo where the UNTITLE CYBER THRILLER OVER 100M IN CHINA lives.

Buy it off of Amazon, or just do something to see it.  Support my movie, Johnny.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

But what about a certain other movie?

:redcapes: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Guess Universal won't be updating the Mummy ride at Universal Studios with the Cruise Mummy

Providing the Dark Universe actually succeeds, they'll probably just make a new ride in the third park and close the one at Studios.

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they had something for Horror Nights. 

It's not in the rumored lineup right now. The Conjuring house fell through because of issues with WB, so it could replace that if Universal wanted to do a tie in for the home media release.

7 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

speaking of the mummy 99 i fucking LOVE arnold vosloo what a good actor if used wisely.

i mean he is great in the mummy and the best vilain in 24.

What an underrated actor damn it give this man a good bad guy role he is born for it.

Very sad he does not appear in good film.....

He keeps playing bad guys, usually in action films.  I remember he played a bad guy in 2 Van Damme movies.  Hard Target, directed by John Woo. The other movie was a lame Die hard in a train scenario, or whatever it's called. 

He played Darkman in Darkman 2 and 3, though. 

• Like 1