YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WTF am I missing in Wonder Woman?

dude you don't love it :lol:

it's chill

what you should really be asking is why Ethan was making out with a girl in a treehouse last night but you weren't

Edited by Ethan Hunt

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

In my opinion, he's pretending that still have access to Box Office numbers. I really don't believe on him because few things that he says become real. I think he used to have a account on ComScore Box Office Essentials and it must had expired last year because it's unbelievable the amount of fail predictions/estimative. I think it should have been investigated because he seems to be fooling you, but I believe that this is your guy's fault that turned EC into a God, making he feel uncomfortable to say the truth that he has no access to the numbers anymore, so he won't loose the "privileges".

EC did an Alien prediction for the OW based on previews numbers. With numbers already out. Any person that follows Box Office and noticed the difference between genre, type of movie, month... Would knew that Alien would not have made what he predicted. I answered him telling him that it would not do $50m because I was sure about that and only quoted him after the official numbers came out because he snubbed/ignored me as he was a God, you quoted me trying to humiliate me, thinking that I would be wrong.

I want you to bring that post where I say that GOTG2 would not do $850m WW. I never said this. All that I said is that $550m OS would be a miracle. But I don't see any problem in making wrong predictions, I see problems in lie and fool persons.

This is some next level bullshit right here.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

dude you don't love it :lol:

it's chill

You didn't see Guardians 2 but all is forgiving if you and Han see Ninjago.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Seriously if Panther does $300M-$350M domestic, I have no reason to see why Animated Spider-Man should do $200M-$250M also.

I don't think so. Black Panther is much more unique.

We'll already have had 6 Spider-Man films when the animated one comes out. 7 if you count Venom I guess? It's not gonna have the same hook that Black Panther has. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I don't think so. Black Panther is much more unique.

We'll already have had 6 Spider-Man films when the animated one comes out. 7 if you count Venom I guess? It's not gonna have the same hook that Black Panther has. 

It's also has the same but smaller factor of diversity. Miles Morales is an African American/Hispanic Spider-Man. It'll also have a lot more black and Hispanic boys excited to see one of their favorite heroes that look like them too. Not to mention if great, it'll attract a lot of adults more so than Lego Batman. Had this been an animated Spider-Man movie with Parker I'd say sub $150M will happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

On the other hand thought there are some very apparent counter examples.

Is Transformers, Twilight or Fifty Shades quality movies? 

No matter how much those movies are loved/connect with audiences there is no way you can call them quality works.

The whole matter is pretty subjective and a good way to start would be to give a definition of what a quality movie is.

As far as I am concerned, a quality movies needs to be satsfying in technical aspects (effects, cinematography, costumes, performances) as well as having a coherent plot and a compelling storyline.

I think that it is possible to find a good combination of both quality aspects as well as "popular" elements in a movie.

Afterall, the purpose of art is to communicate with audiences. You will find no artist that will be satisfied with a results that gets no response from the audience even If in his eyes it truly feels like a masterpiece. 

I think the first twillight movie was a high qality work. The direction was great, the script. Even i dont like the subject i thought that the movie was really well made, i dont know why the studios didnt bring back the director for the second movie.

• Like 1

I read the Twilight books and watched all of the films in theaters and liked watching them. That first Twilight movie is very poorly directed. I still hate this let a woman start a franchise and let a man direct the rest of the movies crap.

Yikes I will never understand why some people get bent out of shape over box office and predictions, regardless of who makes them.... 

Mods can we not do something about this allison23 character yet? 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

This run is so similar to deadpool. Final domestic total estimates are rising up each day.

Only for some of you:)...some of us have the same numbers we started with - we're just less crazy or maybe we know a little something about movies...nah, can't be that 2nd reason!:)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

female-centric film tends to hold better than fan boys fuelled film(with the exception of twilight), WW again prove that .

Twilight, 50 shades of grey, Fault in our stars, Allegiant, Sex in the city, etc... reaching out of the fanbase or not is probably the main factor over gender.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Only for some of you:)...some of us have the same numbers we started with - we're just less crazy or maybe we know a little something about movies...nah, can't be that 2nd reason!:)

My prediction was 115/275. Was more on OW but oh man! Didn't have any idea about the legs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@alisson23 if EC is a liar and no longer has access how the fuck did he give us the Saturday WW # before deadline?? 

Your hate Boner for our insiders is ridiculous. 

Edit: He said 23-24m 7 hours ago. DHD said 23.8m 7 hours ago...

Edited by alisson23