YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

He's pretty much only a Disney/Pixar-animation worshipper, lol. ?

Er, I wasn't too hot on any of last year's Disney joints compared to others. Sorry not sorry that I don't like Illumination, but that doesn't make me a Disney fanboy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

So it's pretty safe to assume now, that WW will become the most successful DCU-Movie. Wow, that's amazing. 

Should pass $300m on ID weekend with a lot of gas left in the tank. 

"YET"

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

@EmpireCity what are the odds Homecoming joins WW and GV2 for $350M+ domestic? I'm wondering if all 3 will reach it.

I think the odds are pretty damn good.  I wasn't feeling that way a few weeks ago, but the market is going to be ready for another 4 quad tent pole film.  In fact, it will be sort of starved for it and the only major direct competition it has the rest of the summer is War for the Planet of the Apes.  

There isn't much to stop it from running strong all the way into late August.  

• Like 12

Just wanted to say that i havent loved LOVED a Super Hero movie so much since the first SpiderMan. I am just so happy to finally have a great DC movie in this new DC era. Please, give the next Supeman movie to this director. 

Just tfor context, i hated Batman v Super, Liked Man of Steel, liked Suicide Squad (hated the joker), Loved The Dark Knight, liked Batman Begins, didnt like The dark knight returns.

Edited by edmkh
  • Like 1

Just now, mredman said:

"YET"

JL seems likely for a $425M/$1.1B performance but not much higher SW, Jumanji, Ferdinand and Pitch 3 will hurt its late legs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Kind of curious will Cars 3 do $40M+ OW or $60M+ OW?

Disney seems confident it is a much better movie than the last one.  I think with the complete lack of kids programming it can get to a $50m+ opening.  

• Like 4

Why is Allison attacking EmpireCity anyway. He was most optimistic about Wonder Woman(he said 100m+ OW even after 65m "tracking" numbers were out). Anyway not a big deal being wrong about Alien. Even I thought 50m is happening. It was early on in MT and doing very strong on Fandango. But WOM was way worse than the reviews. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Lego Batman and Sing says otherwise he just don't like Illumination that much.

Lego Batman is from WB-Animation...but you do have a good point.

Wonder why, though? ? Is it because those Illumination-movies doesn't connect to him or something else?

I mean, I'm glad that Pets & Sing did the huge grosses they did. I loved The Secret Life of Pets.

We have to keep this in mind: Pets made $120M more DOM-wise than Disney's Moana, the former had arguably more hype than the latter....and it came out in the summer.

• Like 1

OMG the unthikable just happenned.

My dudebros,who are a typical example of a man in his mid-20s and don't go to tge theaters much unless it's a movie that tests the limits of our testosterone(let alone watch a movie with a female lead),just asked me to book tickets for Wonder Woman.WoM is trully great it seems if it can reach a cynic group like these assholes.

Groups like my friends are groups that i never though WW would reach.I swear this movie will keep sutprising me until the end of its run.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

@EmpireCity have you heard any info regarding the quality of Valerian?

(sorry for asking this question again but I NEED ANSWERS)

Some Thor/Star/JL overperformance insight would be nice too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Kind of curious will Cars 3 do $40M+ OW or $60M+ OW?

I think straight down the middle in the $45-50M range. The second burned a lot of people, so the quality will need to be there for it to come close to matching its gross in the long run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

@EmpireCity have you heard any info regarding the quality of Valerian?

(sorry for asking this question again but I NEED ANSWERS)

No idea yet on Valerian.  It is a true wildcard.  I never doubt Besson and late summer will need this movie.  

• Like 6