YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

@WrathOfHan's Post-Illumination Stress Order is getting in the way of him enjoying Wonder Woman. Don't worry, folks. He'll probably work it out.

I can't wait to see how he'll react when The Grinch does double Ralph 2 domestic.

• Like 1

Lol at whoever this allison person is.  I was very admittedly (with a good and valid reason) was over zealous on Alien: Covenant.  We all get shit wrong.  If we didn't, then we would be billionaires if we could predict perfectly the box office even after you get some initial numbers.  

• Like 28

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Lol at whoever this allison person is.  I was very admittedly (with a good and valid reason) was over zealous on Alien: Covenant.  We all get shit wrong.  If we didn't, then we would be billionaires if we could predict perfectly the box office even after you get some initial numbers.  

True shit EC

• Like 3

I understand being leery of people online who claim to have insider information but I don't understand being leery of EC? I've been a lurker on these boards forever and he seems legit to me.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

3 hours ago, alisson23 said:

In my opinion, he's pretending that still have access to Box Office numbers. I really don't believe on him because few things that he says become real. I think he used to have a account on ComScore Box Office Essentials and it must had expired last year because it's unbelievable the amount of fail predictions/estimative. I think it should have been investigated because he seems to be fooling you, but I believe that this is your guy's fault that turned EC into a God, making he feel uncomfortable to say the truth that he has no access to the numbers anymore, so he won't loose the "privileges".

EC did an Alien prediction for the OW based on previews numbers. With numbers already out. Any person that follows Box Office and noticed the difference between genre, type of movie, month... Would knew that Alien would not have made what he predicted. I answered him telling him that it would not do $50m because I was sure about that and only quoted him after the official numbers came out because he snubbed/ignored me as he was a God, you quoted me trying to humiliate me, thinking that I would be wrong.

I want you to bring that post where I say that GOTG2 would not do $850m WW. I never said this. All that I said is that $550m OS would be a miracle. But I don't see any problem in making wrong predictions, I see problems in lie and fool persons.

I don't quote Deadline, @alisson23.   Deadline quotes me.  

:WHATanabe:

• Like 29

Honestly @WrathOfHanis being so embarrassing right now that I'm ashamed to be put in the same "didn't like Wonder Woman" group as him. I'm thinking about watching it again and changing my mind about the film just so I'm no longer grouped with the embarrassment. 

• Like 1

Phenomenal for Wonder Woman. A 44.6% drop from a $100+ million opening weekend in June! No matter how you slice it, this is an exceptionally strong hold. And this is the second best drop ever for a comic book film that opened to $70+ million. Only Spider-Man bests it (way back in 2002)

2nd Weekends & Drops for Comic Book Movies that Opened to $70+ million 

Title (Year) — 2nd Weekend Gross (Drop from Opening Weekend)

1. Marvel’s The Avengers (2012) — 103.1 million (-50.3%)
  2. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) — 77.7 million (-59.4%)
  3. The Dark Knight (2008) — 75.2 million (-52.5%)
  4. Captain America: Civil War (2016) — 72.6 million (-59.5%)
  5. Iron Man 3 (2013) — 72.5 million (-58.4%)
  6. Spider-Man (2002) — 71.4 million (-37.8%)
  7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) — 65.3 million (-55.5%)
  8. The Dark Knight Rises (2012) — 62.1 million (-61.4%)
  9. Spider-Man 3 (2007) — 58.2 million (-61.5%)
  10. Wonder Woman (2017) — 57.2 million (-44.6%)
  11. Deadpool (2016) — 56.5 million (-57.4%)
  12. Iron Man 2 (2010) — 52.0 million (-59.4%)
  13. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) — 51.3 million (-69.1%)
  14. Iron Man (2008) — 51.2 million (-48.1%)
  15. Spider-Man 2 (2004) — 45.2 million (-48.7%)*
  16. Suicide Squad (2016) — 43.5 million (-67.4%)
  17. Doctor Strange (2016) — 43.0 million (-49.5%)
  18. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) — 42.1 million (-55.3%)
  19. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) — 41.3 million (-56.6%)
  20. Man of Steel (2013) — 41.3 million (-64.6%)**
  21. X2: X-Men United (2003) — 40.0 million (-53.2%)
  22. Logan (2017) — 38.1 million (-56.9%)
  23. Thor: The Dark World (2013) — 36.6 million (-57.3%)
  24. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) — 35.5 million (-61.2%)
  25. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) — 34.0 million (-66.9%)^
  26. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) — 32.6 million (-64.2%)^
  27. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) — 26.4 million (-69.0%)

*Opened on a Wednesday

**Opened on Father’s Day Weekend

^Opened on Memorial Day Weekend

Peace,

Mike

• Like 13

Just now, Nova said:

Honestly @WrathOfHanis being so embarrassing right now that I'm ashamed to be put in the same "didn't like Wonder Woman" group as him. I'm thinking about watching it again and changing my mind about the film just so I'm no longer grouped with the embarrassment. 

Good now you don't have a "bias" for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Allison won't even listen. They'll just go on and on and on about shit that's not even relevant, twist your words around and then think they've dropped the mic on you....when in reality all they've done is flopped like a fish. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It is very easy to make mistakes when extrapolating from early numbers.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

He's pretty much only a Disney/Pixar-animation worshipper, lol. ?

Lego Batman and Sing says otherwise he just don't like Illumination that much.

• Like 1