YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

5 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Are the WW overseas numbers good?

I mean, it was at 125 million last Sunday and it's at 230 million now. So, in 7 days, movie added more 105 million to its overseas package.

I think 400 million overseas won't happen. However 300 million domestic should happen if it keeps getting small drops.

$300M Domestic should easily happen.

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

Oh she has already started calling me Steve Trevor and I am like wtf...I am Tony Stark at a minimum...

Steve Trevor is way better in terms of getting love from the ladies. You're just Steve Trevor with money. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Steve Trevor is way better in terms of getting love from the ladies. You're just Steve Trevor with money. 

Hmm, I just identify myself with Tony since he is also an Andover and MIT man.

But Lisa says she like Steve better since he actually loves Diana unlike Tony who is a philanderer. All i can think of is damn you Chris Pine and your jawline.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

The Mummy might not even get into profit....it all depends on how much they spent on  marketing. The WOM overseas is no better then the WOM domestic, and it going to be a film that opened well overseas but then dropped like a stone. Even if Uni manages to scrap out a modest profit..which is the best they can hope for, it is a very weak foundation for their "Dark Universe".

And people are wildly over predicting the Animated Spidey movie. Spidey is Peter Parker for 90% of the audience out there, and I think they will probably reject any other version.

And Miles Morales was not very successful in the comics;it was widley seen as a cynical stunt to grab the minority audiences.

I have this estimated as losing $30-40m, depending on Cruise's participations (which I'm sure are generous).

It would have to do something like 100 DOM / 160 INTL / 90 CHINA to get out of the red (350 WW).

On 6/10/2017 at 1:50 PM, John Marston said:

Wonder Woman has opened in its major markets. It is doing decent but not spectacular. We are looking at 50/50 domestic overseas Split it looks like 

Are you crazy? It is doing well. Please stop being pessimistic about its run. #teamwonderwoman

Edited by BenedictL11
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Do you mean this?

Peace,

Mike

Thanks!!!

Wow...Wonder Woman second to 2002's Spider-Man in terms of second-weekend drop? Awesome!!

I was hoping that the amazing amazon's first movie would make some bank, but I never imagined...even in my wildest dreams, that it would be this well-liked. I am soooo happy! Cannot wait for Captain Marvel, Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens, and especially the Black Cat and Silver Sable film (because I love Gina Prince-Bythewood's Beyond the Lights and Love & Basketball)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

For the love of god we can't leave Slater on that island with all those amazonians. For his safety or theirs, i'm not sure.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cookson said:

What's up with WBs lack of DCEU films next year? Just one(Aquaman)? They should have tried to get another "unique" type if film like Suicide Squad.

If they don't announce anything at SDCC for 2018 then it'll probably just be AM. I'm fine with it though, it'll be a CBM bloodbath next year

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

For the love of god we can't leave Slater on that island with all those amazonians. For his safety or theirs, i'm not sure.

It's theirs...I would sexify their lives like no tomorrow...

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

12 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

Death by snu snu!

The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised!

• Like 3