YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

One good Friday and now some people think that Wonder Woman will not only reach $300M, but beat BvS? :jeb!:

WW had a really strong week overall, so It's not just a good friday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

One good Friday and now some people think that Wonder Woman will not only reach $300M, but beat BvS? :jeb!:

It isn't completely crazy.  It has a free run essentially until the slate gets overcrowded on 6/30.  You could argue it has no real competition until Spider-Man: Homecoming.  

Rough Night is mediocre at best.  Cars 3 is a young kids movie.  Transformers is a Pirates type domestic failure.  Despicable Me 3 takes away theaters and a chunk of audience but skews younger, Baby Driver skews way older and smaller.  

This is the only blockbuster film with good reviews and word of mouth until Spider-Man: Homecoming (which is selling incredibly well in pre-sales).  

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This is the only blockbuster film with good reviews and word of mouth until Spider-Man: Homecoming (which is selling incredibly well in pre-sales).  

Well enough to also hop GOTG 2 before the end of the summer?  Maybe I'm on a roll - give me good news:)...

13 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It isn't completely crazy.  It has a free run essentially until the slate gets overcrowded on 6/30.  You could argue it has no real competition until Spider-Man: Homecoming.  

Rough Night is mediocre at best.  Cars 3 is a young kids movie.  Transformers is a Pirates type domestic failure.  Despicable Me 3 takes away theaters and a chunk of audience but skews younger, Baby Driver skews way older and smaller.  

Have you heard any word about All Eyez on Me and The House's quality?

12 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Despicable Me 3 takes away theaters and a chunk of audience but skews younger 

The good thing about that weekend is that it is effectively a 5 day extended weekend. Most movies will probably rise over the 5 days compared to the previous weekend.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well enough to also hop GOTG 2 before the end of the summer?  Maybe I'm on a roll - give me good news:)...

If you're so much on a streak, I may need assistance in joining my eventual The Star club.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

If you're so much on a streak, I may need assistance in joining my eventual The Star club.

I'd be in on a The Star club as long as it's not too crazy:)...The Star over Coco would get me...The Star over B&TB 2017...probably not:)...

I like bold, but it's gotta have a tiny chance of success:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Ooooohh, tell me more. :D

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Have you heard any word about All Eyez on Me and The House's quality?

I've seen both of them.  All Eyez is good but not Straight Outta Compton level.  The House has funny moments but is throw away.  

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I've seen both of them.  All Eyez is good but not Straight Outta Compton level.  The House has funny moments but is throw away.  

Hmm, I wasn't huge on SOC because it was too long. All Eyez on Me is shorter but not THAT much shorter, so that's dependent on reviews for me.

The House already sounds like the best comedy of the summer outside of The Big Sick and Baby Driver (if you want to count that as comedy) :lol: 

49 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hmm, I wasn't huge on SOC because it was too long. All Eyez on Me is shorter but not THAT much shorter, so that's dependent on reviews for me.

The House already sounds like the best comedy of the summer outside of The Big Sick and Baby Driver (if you want to count that as comedy) :lol: 

A group as controversial/ground breaking as NWA was, plus all the in group problems that developed as fame started to come for them, needed a longer movie to tell their story. I was glad it was over 2 hours, would've felt rushed otherwise. 

• Like 1

Good number for Wonder Woman. Should do 51-52mil. 

Bad for the Mummy domestically. It should have a pretty poor weekend multiplier, though not as disastrous as younger skewing movies would have.

An only okay drop for Captain Underparts. 

Alien Covenant continues to die a horrible death and Pirates continue it's trek to irrelevance in North America. The next film should end under 100mil and make less than this one worldwide. I think they have one more lower budgeted movie in them. Alien Covenant will get another movie as well but the franchise will go on ice after that because I see the next one being hated as well.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

I was out clubbing yesterday, and while in the toilets I heard some guy saying "derka derka derka" to his friend, and the friend replied "derka derka". so I joined in and said "derka derka derka, muhammed jihad". next thing I know every single person in the toilets is shouting "derka derka derka, derka derka, muhammad jihad!", like a good 15 people.

was fucking pissing myself (both literally and metaphorically). funniest thing I've experienced in ages. lmao

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

I was out clubbing yesterday, and while in the toilets I heard some guy saying "derka derka derka" to his friend, and the friend replied "derka derka". so I joined in and said "derka derka derka, muhammed jihad". next thing I know every single person in the toilets is shouting "derka derka derka, derka derka, muhammad jihad!", like a good 15 people.

was fucking pissing myself (both literally and metaphorically). funniest thing I've experienced in ages. lmao

Image result for arrested development gif

• Like 16

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Wonder Woman has opened in its major markets. It is doing decent but not spectacular. We are looking at 50/50 domestic overseas Split it looks like 

No.

France(opened on Wednesday),Germany(Thursday 15th),Spain(Friday 23th) and Japan(August).

• Like 1