WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Animal Logic is probably the only company that would be considered foreign since they're based in Australia. The Lego Batman Movie looked fantastic and you wouldn't think it cost $80m. I'm looking forward to see what Reel FX does with Scooby as their work on the Looney Tunes CG shorts were really good.

The Scooby Doo animated film does have me pretty interesting I'll admit! Curious to see what they'll do it with anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sure but I am still right, like I am sure the Spielbergs and Coppolas and De Palmas and Lucas and Scorceses  of the world dreamt of doing a tiny psychological drama they could shoot in thier kitchen when they were aspiring filmmakers.

How exciting and transcendant and inspiring.

302-animal-house-quotes.gif

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS is worthless tripe that will raise a generation of idiots. :) 

OK TELE, LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE BITCH.  WE KNOW YOUR HATEBONER FOR CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS IS HUGE, BUT YOU FUCKING LEAVE HIS QUALITY MOVIE OUT OF THIS.  FUCKING HELL TELE.  I WAS STARTING TO HAVE RESPECT FOR YOU.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

It was good but..go see My Life as Zucchini and Red Turtle. Even better.

My Life as Zucchini was really good, I was fortunate enough to see it in the cinemas at an arthouse theater too. Last year was really good for animated films in general, save for the obvious Foreign low-budget crappy holdovers.

35 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I feel like everyone's forgetting The Wild Life.

What about Norm of The North?

Frozen is fantastic, and the most emotionally powerful work from Disney since Lilo & Stitch.

Lilo & Stitch is grossly underrated. It's definitely a messy film, but it's so endearing and touching. A love letter to everyone who's been an outsider. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If I was fat I would be offended by Wall-e

I guess I'll bite. :lol: 

WALL-E is an incredibly generous movie. Even its "villains" aren't very villainous -- one is literally a computer following orders and one (from the distant past) is a dude in over his head who's basically just trying to get away okay with the rest of humanity. The movie doesn't mock people for being fat, it does what good science-fiction does and extrapolates an extreme example based on the environment it establishes. Everyone in the movie isn't inherently lazy at all -- in fact they take action on their own as soon as they start to realize they have alternatives (alternatives they never knew existed). Sure, the movie is fairly blunt that maybe we -- collectively -- ought to take care of our shit, and that a life dedicated to nothing but materialist consumption maybe isn't the best either for us or anyone else, but it makes those points awfully gently and never from a place of "you are wrong and this is why".

In 2008, none of these things were remotely edgy or challenging or even debated (much at all). Every time I've read someone who's angry about WALL-E, they seem to be projecting an awful lot into it that just isn't really there. IMO.

• Like 16