WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

All Eyez number is great and it's opening will be great but it will have nothing resembling legs. 

I love Mandy More on This Is Us so good for her that 47 Meters Down is doing well.

I didn't predict Rough Night's failure but I'm not surprised by it. The killing a stripper plot is mean spirited and Scarjo is not a comedy actress and not an actress that appeals to ladies as much as she does men. She's having a Rough Year. As I said the problem isn't that the movies are disappointments because that's not as big a deal as fans make it out to be if the films actually make money. The problem is outright flops like Shell and Night. These are not good for her career.

Wonder Woman continues to do great. Nothing to see here folks.

I knew I should have went Lower on Cars 3. I need to start trusting my instincts more. Cars 3 isn't some failure or anything. It was only made to push their billion dollar merchandise after all.

• Like 1

Cars 3 going under 20M for OD would be pretty bad. Not unwarranted after the Cars 2 disaster, though.

All Eyez at 30M will depend entirely on how frontloaded OD is due to Tupac's birthday.

47 Meters coming close to 5M OD is actually kinda cool by me, I always root for shark movies, and it is impressive that this one's doing not awful despite having been out on the internet for a year now. Rough Night, on the other hand... sorry for the hundredth time this pun comes out, but that one's having it rough.

Pirates 5 and Captain Underpants having good holds. Mummy's is horrible on paper, but considering the wom, it could also be worse (and it guarantees that it will do better than Alien: Covfefe).

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

At this point, it seems like there may be a very small outside chance that WW beats GOTG2 DOM. Very small, but still the fact that it could even ever happen at all is insane. 

I actually echo that. The fact that, even after a 103M OW, it's gonna be at 275M after 3 weekends, and without any competition until two weeks from now (Homecoming) which probably still won't be enough to cripple its run (Split co-existance w/Get Out, Underpants apparent co-existance w/Cars 3 and Guardians co-existance w/WW this year prove that two movies from the same genre can do well at the same time), should give Kevin Feige a little poo poo in his pants that he may just lose the #1 film of the Summer again to another June unstoppable juggernaut.

That being said, Guardians 2 itself is slated to have another superb hold this weekend, one that guarantees 380M, and gives 390M a possibility as well. So you never know.

Isn't it great when the one genre that people consistently accuse of fatigue for whatever reason massively overperforms and is carrying the Summer season in its back?

• Like 9

APOC did 5.3 over the weekend for 146.15 cume.
165 suddenly looks real for POTC.
Though Wed-Sun TF5 could dent it's numbers.

PotC5 made over $1 million more than APOC last week also. Hopefully it'll keep the momentum [emoji4]
  • Like 1

1.). Cars 3 (DIS), 4.256 theaters / $19.1M Fri. (includes $2.8M previews) /3-day cume: $51.5M/Wk 1

2.). Wonder Woman  (WB), 4,018 theaters (-147)/ $10.6M Fri./3-day cume: $37.5M (-36%)/Total:$271.3 M/ Wk 3

3.). All Eyez On Me (LG), 2,471 theaters / $13M Fri. (includes $3.1M) /3-day cume: $33.5M/Wk 1

4.). The Mummy (Uni), 4.034 theaters (-1) / $3.8M Fri. (-68%) /3-day cume: $13.2M (-58%)/Total: $55.8M/Wk 2

5.). 47 Meters Down (ENT), 2,270 theaters / $4.2M Fri. (includes $735k) /3-day cume: $10.6M/Wk 1

6.). Rough Night (SONY), 3,162 theaters / $3.4M Fri. (includes $700k) /3-day cume: $8.9M/Wk 1

7.). Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales  (DIS), 2,759 theaters (-920)/ $2.1M Fri. (-30%)/3-day cume: $7.6M (-29%)/Total:$149.2M/ Wk 4

8.). Captain Underpants  (DWA/20TH), 2,968 theaters (-561)/ $2.1M Fri. (-40%) /3-day cume: $7.3M (-40%)/Total: $57.9M/Wk 3

9.). Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2  (DIS), 1,813 theaters (-1,098) / $1.2M Fri.  (-27%)/3-day cume: $4.8M (-23%)/Total:$374.7m/ Wk 7

10.). Megan Leavey (BST), 1,832 theaters (-124)  / $673K Fri (-46%)  /3-day cume: $2.4M (-36%) /Total:$8.3M/ Total: Wk 2

So Cars3 dropped from $60+ million to $50+ million in 12 hours or so :/

Even with the lowest OW,WW is gonna be the DCEU movie with both the highest critic score and the highest domestic box office.

Let's see what WB takes away from this, more female superheroes? More creative freedom for directors? More Wonder Woman? Or more Chris Pine?

• Like 5