WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wonder if both Black Panther and Wonder Woman do $350M+, what will Captain Marvel and Cyborg do box office wise.

Captain Marvel does Doctor Strange #s. Cyborg does like nothing

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

The venom movie will most likely end up like the Netflix shows where the events in the other MCU movies are referenced in Venom but events that take place in Venom aren't reflected in any way in the MCU movies. I still don't think Venom will be a part of the MCU though, it all depends on that deal that Marvel made with Sony to bring Spiderman into their universe.

If there's no Marvel Studios logo found with the film I'm not counting it.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wonder if both Black Panther and Wonder Woman do $350M+, what will Captain Marvel and Cyborg do box office wise.

I'm all ready for Captain Marvel to dominate. I know Brie Larson is gonna be great in the role and I'm confident in Boden and Fleck. I think it could be huge.

• Like 1

Just wait and see, the MCU is not going to reference Venom in any way shape or form. Especially if Venom turns out as bad as the Amazing Spider-Man movies, which I'm thinking it definitely could. I hope it's a good movie but right now I don't have any faith.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Just wait and see, the MCU is not going to reference Venom in any way shape or form. Especially if Venom turns out as bad as the Amazing Spider-Man movies, which I'm thinking it definitely could. I hope it's a good movie but right now I don't have any faith.

Thinking that too kind of like their Netflix shows. Hopefully we'll get a clearer idea during Comic Con.

Edited by YourMother

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I was definitely one of those people who were wrong about Wonder Woman's release date but then again I didn't realize how lame The Mummy would look and apparently be. Also I didn't know whether DC/WB were continuing with that unfriendly to audiences route with the movie.  I still thought it would do over 200 million. 

Some thought Captain Underpants would dent it and look how that turned out. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The first Amazing Spider Man shouldnt be considered bad in a reception sense, it has a 72%, and would have crossed the 300 mil mark if not for some events.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Some thought Captain Underpants would dent it and look how that turned out. 

I never thought Captain Underpants was a competitor. If anything it seemed like the studio were dumping that movie because they put it in that spot.

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Wonder Woman could end up being Warner Bros' 3rd biggest movie DOM...in history. :bourne:

That superhero fatigue should be kickin in any minute now.

PZ1VUWe.gif

It's quite funny actually. 

The more people predict "superhero fatigue" the more money these movies make. 

• Like 7

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I never thought Captain Underpants was a competitor. If anything it seemed like the studio were dumping that movie because they put it in that spot.

I kind of did since we underestimated DWA movies these past few years and Trolls did $45M OW with Doctor Strange, and I only thought it'd deflate WW's OW, turns out the opposite happened.

• Like 1

Forgot about poor Alien

Winning the weekend in China, Fox’s Alien: Covenant came in at $30.5M in 43 total markets ($30M from the Middle Kingdom). The China start also included $3M on 403 IMAX screens. The Shanghai Interantional Film Festival is about to unspool three previous Alien films in a special sci-fi section, including Ridley Scott’s original, and that could help boost some interest in the current film. However, there have been reports out of the Middle Kingdom of cuts to Covenant and there is not much time ahead of Transformers 5. In all, the international total is now $142.3M with Japan still to come on September 15.

Source: Deadline

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I kind of did since we underestimated DWA movies these past few years and Trolls did $45M OW with Doctor Strange, and I only thought it'd deflate WW's OW, turns out the opposite happened.

Home, Trolls and to an extent The Boss Baby had much better marketing and the use of Rihanna, Justin Timberlake and Alec Baldwin helped those films, CU didn't have any of those factors. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I didn't think that Captain Underpants would be as appealing to children as Trolls and Boss Baby. Don't get me wrong I do think CU could have done 30-35 million but it never seemed upper-tier DreamWorks to me.

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I think Captain Marvel will do solid Dr. Strange-level numbers, domestic and worldwide (which would be fantastic). Cyborg is hard to gauge at this point, although I honestly feel that its regular-dude-is-unwillingly-turned-into-Frankenstein-meets-Robocop premise could be very poignant and compelling to the masses. Obviously, both films' ultimate reception will also be helped or hindered by how well the audience receives their respective universes' previous movies (and how well each character is received in whichever ensemble film they appear first).

Well Marvel has a better foothold in international markets so I definitely see Captain Marvel doing better than Wonder Woman overseas but domestically I seriously doubt it. It's not a matter of she can't do that amount because she came second, it's more a matter of it's not easy for these solo movies to gross 300 million dollars with their first movie. I agree that around Doctor Strange/Winter Soldier numbers in North America would be very good for Captain Marvel.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2