grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

what's the most popular Dark Horse comic?

Probably one they license...

Movies have been made from some of the ones they own (Sin City, 300, Hellboy)...

I'd buy Image and make The Fix 1st...it would be an R-rated comedy, but it would be awesome onscreen...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

some of the most grim blockbusters ver made? Doesn't sound like the right fit for TF

The premise of Humans vs. Robots with the former facing extinction has a lot of potential when you really think about it. Certainly preferable to the "how do we make the audience feel dumb and deaf after 2.5 hours" approach of the Bay films.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Transformers easily hits 40 with a 12.5 Friday. Certainly a bad opening but I think papers/sites running articles with a 30s 3-day would be particularly embarrassing. 

This is gonna be the worst late-June weekend since EVAN ALMIGHTY. Seriously, the top 10 won't cross 130m. 

40M? How though?

37M... Those are TF3 drops I'm giving it, which it seems to be kinda following so far(drop-wise)...

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

Transformers is a series primarily aimed at older boys.  Adults can enjoy it but it doesn't change the fact.

Bayformers even more cements that, as the content in all of the movies is made to cater to boys in the 9 - 15 age range.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The premise of Humans vs. Robots with the former facing extinction has a lot of potential when you really think about it. Certainly preferable to the "how do we make the audience feel dumb and deaf after 2.5 hours" approach of the Bay films.

But it probably needed to be a reboot not a 5thquel...I actually kinda liked the trailers, but I have had no interest in the 1st 4, so I would never jump in at #5...the trailer almost looked liked it wanted to change the core audience (and try to expand it) and that's tough to do so far down the line...

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

some of the most grim blockbusters ver made? Doesn't sound like the right fit for TF

In the first 15 minutes of Transformers the Movie all our childhood heroes were massacred. Ironhide gets his head blown off and Optimus is killed and turns into pale scap metal.

And during half of this they blast heavy metal.

Yeah it was a cartoon for kids but kids had steel wool hair on their chest and drank scotch back then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

40M? How though?

37M... Those are TF3 drops I'm giving it, which it seems to be kinda following so far(drop-wise)...

With no previews in the Friday number, it should get a better Saturday bump if boys 9-15 are in the core audience...dad/son outings...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

With no previews in the Friday number, it should get a better Saturday bump if boys 9-15 are in the core audience...dad/son outings...

TF3 also opened on Tuesday though?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Dark Horse- Hellboy

Image- Spawn

Those are the two biggest characters from each brand. 

No...Image is Walking Dead...but there's a tv show for that...but that's WAY the biggest brand of all the non DC/Marvel comics...

• Like 1

Doesn't Image have Walking Dead? Doubt that gets a movie but who knows

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

In the first 15 minutes of Transformers the Movie all our childhood heroes were massacred. Ironhide gets his head blown off and Optimus is killed and turns into pale scap metal.

And during half of this they blast heavy metal.

Yeah it was a cartoon for kids but kids had steel wool hair on their chest and drank scotch back then.

The rest of the movie is pretty goofy though. Especially anything with the Dinobots.

4 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Grimdark Transformers sounds awful. Needs to embrace the cheese. This is a series with cars and planes and dinosaurs turning into robots and beating the shit outta each other

They don't need to be dark or cheesy.  Why can't a movie about giant alien transforming robots just be fun and competently made with serviceable stories, characters, and villains?  I'd watch the hell out of that if they existed.

These Bay versions are just a bunch of random shit thrown up on the screen.  King Arthur and Merlin in a Transformers movie?  The dude is just trolling at this point.

• Like 2

But seriously, Pirates of the Caribbean was a kids ride and became a four quadrant massive blockbuster. 

Batman went from Adam West to TDK.

Heck, George Lucas still claims that Star Wars was always intended for 8 year olds but we all know it's grown to become something much bigger than that.

The only thing limiting the TF film franchise is our imaginations.