grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

Just now, grey ghost said:

But it was the execution and approach that made Planet of the Apes biting social commentary.

On the surface talking apes taking over the planet is no less ridiculous than transforming aliens fighting for Earths energy resources.

I'm just saying who the franchise has been aimed at.  Transformers has never been aimed at adults for the primary audience.  The movies are advertisements to sell toys.

Can we please get another successful hit at the box office? Even them, I'm still sure everyone would be cumming over WW:

Next week: Wow, look at Wonder Woman's 37% drop! Such an amazing run. So fucking good. Yes. DM3 also opened to 100M and Baby Driver to 30M.

July 7: Incredible, Wonder Woman dropped 55% against a 120M opener! Truly a great hold with such weak competition in the marketplace.

July 14: Holy shit, Wonder Woman dropped 65% with the combined wide releases over 80M! I love Gal Gadot!

July 21: INSANITY! Wonder Woman has dropped 10%! There totally wasn't a fudge here with another WB movie! A true testament to a great film by Patty Jenkins.

July 28: Wonder Woman continues proving she's the only female action character with a 25% drop. Just STUNNING!

• Like 5

while TF is not doing good a 70% increase for Friday is at least better than it originally looked

WW hold is amazing

Cars 3 having an OK hold (TF no doubt hurt it since they both appeal to young boys). Normally this would be OK but with DM3 next week it is fucked. Whoever made this release date decision is a moron

Let me see here.   Michael Bay is obscenely rich and will continue on with his career of directing huge blockbuster movies. Transformers as a series will eventually have a reboot. This particular movie will at least break even at the box office and then turn profits down the road.  The franchise has already made a crazy amount of profit throughout the last decade.  

I'm not seeing a loser in this. The franchise is bottoming out in the states but this is hardly something to celebrate.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

B/c someone wrote an amazing comic showing how it's done to get the fans on board the idea 1st...and then it grew from their excitement?:)...

What if I told you most elites and sophisticated people thought those ground breaking comics were still childish and reserved for 12 year olds?

Edited by grey ghost

Just now, CJohn said:

A normal Friday-Sunday OW would probably be in the very low 50s, a 50% drop from the previous movie's OW. What a disaster.

I'm pretty sure the most embarrassing comparison is:

Revenge of the Fallen's 5-day opening (6/24-28, 2009): $200,077,255

This one will be lucky to make $65M over its first 5 days. Fallen, the mighty truly have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can we please get another successful hit at the box office? Even them, I'm still sure everyone would be cumming over WW:

Next week: Wow, look at Wonder Woman's 37% drop! Such an amazing run. So fucking good. Yes. DM3 also opened to 100M and Baby Driver to 30M.

July 7: Incredible, Wonder Woman dropped 55% against a 120M opener! Truly a great hold with such weak competition in the marketplace.

July 14: Holy shit, Wonder Woman dropped 65% with the combined wide releases over 80M! I love Gal Gadot!

July 21: INSANITY! Wonder Woman has dropped 10%! There totally wasn't a fudge here with another WB movie! A true testament to a great film by Patty Jenkins.

July 28: Wonder Woman continues proving she's the only female action character with a 25% drop. Just STUNNING!

Youre just mad because all of your WW predicts have been drastically wrong.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 19

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

giphy.gif

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Grimdark Transformers sounds awful. Needs to embrace the cheese. This is a series with cars and planes and dinosaurs turning into robots and beating the shit outta each other

Maybe Lord and Miller can take it on now that they're unemployed. 

@Blankments

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fucking MRA

• Like 3

Just now, grey ghost said:

What if I told you most elites and sophisticated people thought those ground breaking comics were still childish and reserved 12 year olds?

You started your sentence with "elites and sophisticated people"...we all know they have no taste:)...

(Just kidding...mostly:)...

I'm just so fucking sick of hearing about how great WW is doing, how stunning Gal is, etc. It's basically become an echo chamber where any shred of difference in box office projection is met with disdain. 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I'm just saying who the franchise has been aimed at.  Transformers has never been aimed at adults for the primary audience.  The movies are advertisements to sell toys.

It could be said that Star Wars was just a ploy to sell toys.

It doesn't mean it can't be anything more.

Batman was for 8 year olds until the fans got older and made the stories relatable to teens and young adults.