grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

2017 has not been my year with women. Maybe that changes with Atomic Blonde and I get a gf shortly afterwards? Or maybe that's a letdown too and I stay single? :sadben: 

I had a "boyfriend" at 14 and we had to break up when he told me he loved me and I told him that I couldn't love anyone yet...I was only 14...

Now, college was a different story...met and married my future husband (he was a grad student) there...but I was the youngest of my siblings to get married and the only to marry a college sweetheart...which means you have PLENTY of time to meet the one.  Til then, just hang with girls platonically...we don't bite...

• Like 6

Besides Guardians and Wondy, summer has been pretty crappy so far but it seems the second part will be special.

Spiderman Homecoming

Dunkirk

Valerian

Apes 3

Baby Driver

Atomic Blonde

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

honestly, people around here for a while know exactly why LEGO was such a big movie for me. It came out the weekend after my dog died, and around that time, I failed at what I considered at that time to be the most important thing in my life, and in a humiliating way too after a girl really betrayed my trust and made me feel like I was a piece of shit for existing. LEGO was legit the only thing that took me out of my really bad depression that I had that year from February to May, and it's still an incredibly special movie that, when I watch it, it legitimately can cheer me up from any tragedy or disappointment in my life. Rewatched it earlier tonight, and can confirm it still works.

I ran out of likes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

2017 has not been my year with women. Maybe that changes with Atomic Blonde and I get a gf shortly afterwards? Or maybe that's a letdown too and I stay single? :sadben: 

Jesus Christ, relationships don't matter. Make your own future, don't make it dependent on other people. Never had a relationship and I'm okay with that for now. You should be too

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You shouldn't try to date somebody until you're at a point where you don't mind whether or not you're dating somebody.

Desperation really does reek off of people, and you're more likely to get into a healthy relationship if you're at a stage where you can turn people down.

You shouldn't try to make anything happen, just live your life.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just send them a link to this thread and share your feelings on WW, ladies to follow in no time.  #WrathofHand

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can we please get another successful hit at the box office? Even them, I'm still sure everyone would be cumming over WW:

Next week: Wow, look at Wonder Woman's 37% drop! Such an amazing run. So fucking good. Yes. DM3 also opened to 100M and Baby Driver to 30M.

July 7: Incredible, Wonder Woman dropped 55% against a 120M opener! Truly a great hold with such weak competition in the marketplace.

July 14: Holy shit, Wonder Woman dropped 65% with the combined wide releases over 80M! I love Gal Gadot!

July 21: INSANITY! Wonder Woman has dropped 10%! There totally wasn't a fudge here with another WB movie! A true testament to a great film by Patty Jenkins.

July 28: Wonder Woman continues proving she's the only female action character with a 25% drop. Just STUNNING!

wow you must be a

marvel fanboy™

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

weesa all a gonna die

honestly, people around here for a while know exactly why LEGO was such a big movie for me. It came out the weekend after my dog died, and around that time, I failed at what I considered at that time to be the most important thing in my life, and in a humiliating way too after a girl really betrayed my trust and made me feel like I was a piece of shit for existing. LEGO was legit the only thing that took me out of my really bad depression that I had that year from February to May, and it's still an incredibly special movie that, when I watch it, it legitimately can cheer me up from any tragedy or disappointment in my life. Rewatched it earlier tonight, and can confirm it still works.

Tele my idea of a break out for BABY DRIVER is legit a total of 50M DOM, which I don't find out of the realm of possibility, but I'm also not betting on

and DM3 will be big and honestly will probably be better than Cars 3 so thats' okay. I'm more worried about the July 7 release being big tbh

I'm out of likes, or I'd like this:)...that was Titanic for me (I saw it with my future husband (while we were in the early stages of our relationship) the night before he was leaving for 6 months away from me...and that was both the best and worst movie to see...it STILL brings me to tears!  It was so beautiful, romantic, heart-breaking, captivating, etc)  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

You shouldn't try to date somebody until you're at a point where you don't mind whether or not you're dating somebody.

Desperation really does reek off of people, and you're more likely to get into a healthy relationship if you're at a stage where you can turn people down.

You shouldn't try to make anything happen, just live your life.

Maybe I'll realize this after a relationship *shrug*

• Like 1

wonder woman prove 3 things:

1) RT matter

2) Opening weekend doesn't mean anything, Legs could be anything

3) fathers across the country care about female movies

As a slightly more than $100m opener like jungle book, WW has its level of weekend number, but meanwhile has the mid-week number that TJB couldn't have

As For SLOP, WW has its mid-week level number but also has that weekend number that SLOP doesn't have.

In short, WW ruled in mid-week and weekend  

22 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Small chance, no, no, and no. 

(APES?! Really?)

Little kids love to see apocalyptic humans having gun fights with deadly superintelligent apes.

It's like an episode of Curious George.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Maybe I'll realize this after a relationship *shrug*

If you really just want to try to see people there's no shame in online dating, or even Tindr.  I've personally not really used them because I'm not really wanting to rush into anything, but they've worked well for plenty of my friends (good, attractive and normal people at that).

Just now, The Panda said:

If you really just want to try to see people there's no shame in online dating, or even Tindr.  I've personally not really used them because I'm not really wanting to rush into anything, but they've worked well for plenty of my friends (good, attractive and normal people at that).

I'm too young for online dating! :sadben: