grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

What if Spider-Man Homecoming is another disappointment like the ASM films? lol

Another Spidey in high school plot

Another RDJ mugs the camera movie

Not really bringing anything new to the genre

No one will see it coming

• Like 7

Catching up, you guys talking about HP, POTC and TF on the same page :ohmygod: All 4 of my favorite franchises came out during the same decade: LOTR, HP, POTC AND TF. HP made me fall in love with reading (I hated even the idea of reading with a passion before that), LOTR made me fall in love with movies, POTC just continued that trend and TF made me love Sci-Fi. And they all had that adventure theme going for them, even TF. Is it weird that I feel old? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, James said:

Catching up, you guys talking about HP, POTC and TF on the same page :ohmygod: All 4 of my favorite franchises came out during the same decade: LOTR, HP, POTC AND TF. HP made me fall in love with reading (I hated even the idea of reading with a passion before that), LOTR made me fall in love with movies, POTC just continued that trend and TF made me love Sci-Fi. And they all had that adventure theme going for them, even TF. Is it weird that I feel old? 

it's getting hard to launch new franchise after 2010, only hunger game and those superhero films

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

it's getting hard to launch new franchise after 2010, only hunger game and those superhero films

True. I mean, there are have been a lot of good movies in the last 7 years, but franchise wise, CBMs dominated. It makes me appreciate THG even more for what it managed to do. I am just waiting for the next big thing and I hope it will come soon. At least I have Fantastic Beasts for the next 8 years or so (and probably a Cursed Child series after that). POTC will likely go on for another movie, TF will get rebooted and LOTR... oh man, I am so divided over that one. I wish to see more from that universe, but those movies are perfect. So I don't want a reboot, but I know WB will make one at some point unless they manage to acquire more rights from Tolken's company, which is probably not happening as long as Christoper Tolkien is alive. 

• Like 2

I'd imagine the insane Friday increases for everyone kind of balanced out by saturday with "average" increases.

Still, WW had a bigger sat increase than an animated film like Cars 3, though not exactly the best example. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Hunger games didn't do good anymore it dropped so much with the last 2 instalments. 

I still made lots of money but 650M isn't realy blockbuster lv, if you know it had 850M on the second one. Still the exchange rates where prety shitty.

Edited by pepsa