grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Interestingly, that shot's a great example of why I get frustrated at some of the TF visuals. For sure, it's impressive, shows scale, and so forth, but the design and color of the Decepticon doesn't stand out from the background buildings. Your eye has to work a lot more to distinguish the various elements, and a lot is lost in the process.

Not to mention it's impossible to tell what's going on a lot of the time, since Bay tries his hardest to shoot all of the action scenes extremely close and all over the place. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

After these numbers is that Bumbleebee spinoff seriously still going to be a thing ? Steinfeld's better off without it anyway. 

There's a realistic scenario if audiences give it the cold shoulder, domestically Gnomes and Bumblebee could do similar numbers ($55M-$65M).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

But it fucks over Paramount badly.

That's true, they had a terrible year so far too, and I like Paramount and really want ST4.

• Like 1

Paramount is in some serious trouble right now. While I'm expecting Bumblebee to bomb domestically, I can see a scenario where China saves it but if Bumblebee and MI6 are Paramount's only $200M+ WW films, that's bad news.

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

with a holiday release this could be their highest grosser of the year.... 

It should have an interesting battle with The Star, (another family Christmas themed movie but with a religious angle) on OW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

with a holiday release this could be their highest grosser of the year.... 

Just like with the first in 2015, it's great counter programming for the bigger holiday releases. Even if it's a pretty meh comedy. 

Edited by Rman823

I feel sooooo bad for Paramount right now. But I'm glad this franchise is ending, and it should show them that they HAVE TO START MAKING GOOD MOVIES ALREADY!

Like seriously, was anything they made this year really better than a 5/10 at best? Honestly, Monster Trucks is their best output so far in 2017...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

After these numbers is that Bumbleebee spinoff seriously still going to be a thing ? Steinfeld's better off without it anyway. 

Paramount needs franchises. T5 will still make them money.  Bumblebee will have a lower budget and if they can keep it around $150m then if it does $450-500m WW and it's a good movie they can build on then it will be a success for them short and long term.

• Like 1