grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

5 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Disney/Pixar’s Cars 3 is also driving toward $7M today, but as of this minute is expected to come in under Wonder Woman in third with $23M, -57% for a running 10-day take of $97.7M by Sunday.

Lionsgate’s Codeblack Entertainment’s All Eyez on Me is expected to gross $2.7M today for a second weekend of $8M, -70% for a 10-day total of $40.8M.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/transformers-the-last-knight-opening-weekend-box-office-1202118976/

that 2.7 for AEOM has to be a type cause films don't increase 150% on Fridays in the middle of summer. 1.7m is the more generous increase / number and a weekend closer to 6m and a 75%+ fall

I mean, my audience of like 15 people in 47 Meters Down was fine the other day! Considering everything I want to see next week is rated R, maybe I'll have better luck. It's just so incredibly frustrating. Like, I was bored by The Last Knight too, but that doesn't give me the right to use my phone ffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

that 2.7 for AEOM has to be a type cause films don't increase 150% on Fridays in the middle of summer. 1.7m is the more generous increase / number and a weekend closer to 6m and a 75%+ fall

Notorious increased over 100% on its second Friday IIRC

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I mean, my audience of like 15 people in 47 Meters Down was fine the other day! Considering everything I want to see next week is rated R, maybe I'll have better luck. It's just so incredibly frustrating. Like, I was bored by The Last Knight too, but that doesn't give me the right to use my phone ffs.

Only during the trailers

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

After these numbers is that Bumbleebee spinoff seriously still going to be a thing ? Steinfeld's better off without it anyway. 

Paramount is not going to give up on TF after one flop so the Bumblebee spinoff is actually a perfect way to see if they can still make some money with "smaller" (and hopefully better reviewed) movies.

Transformers as a concept made sense to become a CG/live action and the first film while not great, did offer potential but with each film, they squandered any goodwill with the audience. If Paramount and Hasbro reboot it, I think they need to divorce themselves from the Bay style and go in a different direction. 

12 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm going to wait on a trailer for it but I think it has massive potential.

It's Sony and TBH their animated films is output is mixed at best. I don't expect The Star to be any different. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

TF5 is tracking for a 5 day total under the Hangover 3, and that closed with less than $115M in total.

HANGOVER III didn't have the benefit of full summer weekdays, though, so that definitely helps TF5 (that and the 5-day upcoming Fourth holiday). It's looking to be a very low domestic total regardless.

Sadly TF5 is working with small numbers to begin with because the actual % increase from Thursday to Friday is pretty decent -way better than TF2 and in line with TF3 if I am remembering right @ about 55%. I mean 70% would have been about the best case scenario and it was highly unrealistic, but with 12.5 at least mid 30m is still on the table and a decent increase on Saturday could get it to 40m at the top.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Looks like deadline is using the same IM as last weekend for Wonder Woman with that. $26M estimate. Seems unlikely given the lack of father's day.

TF5 is tracking for a 5 day total under the Hangover 3, and that closed with less than $115M in total.

But Father's Day deflated last Saturday, no? And WW has less competition this weekend.

• Like 2

Because y'all wanted to know what trailers I got (SPOILER: It was a good mix outside of those stupid yellow things):

Detroit

Dunkirk 1

Spider-Man

Planet of the Apes

Dunkirk 2

Daddy's Home

Despicable Me 3D

Dunkirk 3

Valerian 3D

Dunkirk 4

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Looks like deadline is using the same IM as last weekend for Wonder Woman with that. $26M estimate. Seems unlikely given the lack of father's day.

Yeah, a 3.71 multi in late June is too high, would be closer to 3.5

• Like 1