Napoleon

Second Act | STX | December 21, 2018 | Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini, Vanessa Hudgens & Milo Ventimiglia | The Feel Good Comedy Of The Holiday Season

2 hours ago, TombRaider said:

already flopped in its first big market (australia), queen!

That's an equivalent to a mid-teens opening in the states (if my international box office knowledge is any good) which wouldn't be bad at all for something like this

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

That's an equivalent to a mid-teens opening in the states (if my international box office knowledge is any good) which wouldn't be bad at all for something like this

huh? it's done 1,8m in 2 weeks, the 2,9m figure is from 4 or 5 countries

8 6 Second Act Roadshow $389,612 -44.7% 249 -54 $1,565 $1,896,129 2
Edited by TombRaider

Did somebody actually say that JLo can sing better than Gaga? I like JLo but that is an absolute falsehood. JLo does not have a strong voice at all. 

Anyway I've never been a big fan of JLo's rom-coms but to each their own. If the budget is ultra low, maybe it will make money.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

According to the Presales thread, Second Act is outselling Instant Family ($14,5 million OW), The Spy Who Dumped Me ($12,1m), Uncle Drew ($15,2m), Tag ($14,9m) and Overboard ($14,7m). I think we can open over $10 million.

What great company it has, yikes. 

But yeh, over $10m at this time of year is fine for something like this. 

Will it be the final nail in the STX coffin? 

Highest grossing concert tours in 2018:

NORTH AMERICA (FEMALE)

1. 277.3 million - Taylor Swift

2. 95.3 million - Pink

3. 45.6 million - Shania Twain

4. 33.7 million - Jennifer Lopez

5. 25 million - Shakira

6. 24.6 million - Katy Perry

7. 18.2 million - Lady Gaga

8. 17.8 million - Demi Lovato

9. 15.5 million - Lana Del Rey

10. 14.1 million - Britney Spears

I rest my case

tp54FCD.gif

28 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

NORTH AMERICA (FEMALE)

2. 95.3 million - Pink

5. 25 million - Shakira

I rest my case

tp54FCD.gif

Lol, that looks incorrect. 

Gaga’s tour was only 6 shows in 2018 lol. 

I went to Shania, great to see her but she lip synced. Britney obviously mimed by show was fun. Seen Lana in 2017, her show was ok but she didn’t sing a lot of her bigger songs for some reason. 

Seeing Pink in June next year (not a big fan), Spice Girls in June too and Cher in October so far. 

I had tickets for a Jennifer Lopez show in Manchester a few years ago, maybe 2014, but it was cancelled as she only sold 800 tickets out of 12,000. Lol. 

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

NORTH AMERICA (FEMALE)

2. 95.3 million - Pink

5. 25 million - Shakira

I rest my case

tp54FCD.gif

why are you comparing jlos ~50 concerts to gaga's 6 concerts? stans like you are the WORST.

Edited by TombRaider
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

According to the Presales thread, Second Act is outselling Instant Family ($14,5 million OW), The Spy Who Dumped Me ($12,1m), Uncle Drew ($15,2m), Tag ($14,9m) and Overboard ($14,7m). I think we can open over $10 million.

I bet it has a higher opening weekend than Holmes and Watson.

On the low side, there’s STX’s Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy Second Act and Universal’s Robert Zemeckis’ $40M-priced fantasy drama Welcome to Marwen. While Second Act will likely file between $10M-$13M over five-days, the pic was really cheap at $15.7M before P&A. STX is targeting women 25+, and the film which carries a 57% RT score was never expected to be No. 1 in a the brand-heavy Christmas market. African American and Hispanic demos could push this title to overindex. Marwen will be an upset for Universal after last weekend’s blow with Mortal Engines which is set to lose north of $105M. Projections are in the high single digits over five days for this film which many Oscar prognosticators have passed over. No RT score yet.

On Christmas Day, Sony has the PG-13 Will Ferrell & John C. Reilly period bawdy comedy Holmes & Watson which could see an opening day’s take of $5M. The pic cost around $42M. 

https://deadline.com/2018/12/aquaman-bumblebee-mary-poppins-returns-jennifer-lopez-christmas-box-office-1202522277/