Eric Prime

Wednesday Numbers: Baby Driver $5.7M, TF5 3,25M (-43%), Cars 3 2.8M, WW 2.77M

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Don't you dare not include me in the over $100M club. 

Ive been riding that train since since well since last week but I got on just in time! 

I never get included (and yep, I'm in the club, too:)...I tend to be invisible on most of my guesses this summer...it must be my new superpower (Superman seemed to get a new one every year in the comics...I know it's not my super-ventriloquism kicking in, unless someone else is getting all the credit for my good guesses:)...

• Like 2

Have a tough time envisioning a better scenario for TF5 than this:

3.1 (-5%) on Thu,

5.0 (+60%)

6.0 (+20%) due to Canada's Holiday muted Sat

5.5 (-8%) better Sunday  than normal  due to Canada's Holiday

16.5 (-63%) 2nd weekend

Which is steep considering it burnt off demand on Wed and Thu (23.8 Wed-Thu vs 44.7 ow...was less front-loaded than TF2/3 but still made a healthy chunk on Wed-Thu)

Edited by a2knet

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Wait, there are people doubting that DM3 is making over 100M, really? I thought over 100M OW was the expected for months. :huh:

You must be new here.  

There's a massive Illumination hate group here.  These are the people that will tell you that despite Minions making over a billion and DM2 coming close that the DM series is doomed because the critics don't like it.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Have a tough time envisioning a better scenario for TF5 than this:

3.1 (-5%) on Thu,

5.0 (+60%)

6.0 (+20%) due to Canada's Holiday muted Sat

5.5 (-8%) better Sunday  than normal  due to Canada's Holiday

16.5 (-63%) 2nd weekend

Which is steep considering it burnt off demand on Wed and Thu (23.8 Wed-Thu vs 44.7 ow...was less front-loaded than TF2/3 but still made a healthy chunk on Wed-Thu)

Yeah, I think that's even a bit generous but then I remember that Fridays so far this summer have surprised us and I'm not sure what to think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I never get included (and yep, I'm in the club, too:)...I tend to be invisible on most of my guesses this summer...it must be my new superpower (Superman seemed to get a new one every year in the comics...I know it's not my super-ventriloquism kicking in, unless someone else is getting all the credit for my good guesses:)...

I didn't name every person who thinks it will do over 100.  I just said there are users, like me and Cjohn FOR EXAMPLE, who think it will do over 100. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

You must be new here.  

There's a massive Illumination hate group here.  These are the people that will tell you that despite Minions making over a billion and DM2 coming close that the DM series is doomed because the critics don't like it.  

Eh, he probably just stays away from the toxic threads where the anti illumination people harp all the time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I didn't name every person who thinks it will do over 100.  I just said there are users, like me and Cjohn FOR EXAMPLE, who think it will do over 100. :)

I was teasing:)...probably b/c every time I see someone post "no one predicted WW could ever beat GOTG/could have huge legs/could hit $300M with its OW start, etc", I start twitching:)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

If Pets manages to end up with a 100m OW, DM3 is sailing past it!

Pets had a strong teaser trailer and an excellent marketing campaign. DM3 is a bit lacking in comparison, still enough for a $95-100m OW but it'll make less than SLOP and DM2 domestically but maybe more than Minions.

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Pets had a strong teaser trailer and an excellent marketing campaign. DM3 is a bit lacking in comparison, still enough for a $95-100m OW but it'll make less than SLOP and DM2 domestically but maybe more than Minions.

So 345-350?  LOL, that's not much of a window.

• Like 1

Can I say now, off-topic, that if I eventually get the DOM order of the supers movies right (from my pre-summer thoughts of Spidey>WW>GOTG 2), I'll never change my pic icon ever:)...even if DM 3 doesn't break up the party like I thought it would:)...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Weren't DM3 trailers great? I loved the first one and looking at it it seems to have way more views than what the Pets' trailer did.

I can't really tell about the marketing but still, DM3 is doing like wayyy better in pre sales than Pets ever did and we are talking about a year with no massive animation films thus far at least compared to last year.

Families would be very eager for an "event" animated film.

I am not thinking anything crazy but I think 100m is a given.