cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

Hey, what's the lowest I can budget a fantasy film like The Ancient Magus' Bride and the King of Cats? There are special effects and motion capture performances.

Deadpool 2 had a production budget 110 million usd

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Hey, what's the lowest I can budget a fantasy film like The Ancient Magus' Bride and the King of Cats? There are special effects and motion capture performances.

As low as you want as long as you're okay with it looking like an Asylum movie

• Haha 1

I should probably explain what’s been going on with me that led to some of the posts in the Magazine and AS thread. Right now felt like a bad time, but like @Spaghetti told me there’s probably no ’right’ time, so here it goes:

(Long and heavy post incoming hence tag)

Spoiler

I’ve been on and off a depression for 2 1/2+ years now. I don’t want to air any more laundry than I feel like I have to, so the short version is that I made some poor life choices and have been dealing with the consequences ever since, and anything bad happening on top of that only added to the weight.

I figured my diagnosis in March was going to help me get the help I need to move forward, but that help has been stalling and for all I know might not even kick off until the fall, and that’s bad news for me since I’ve spent April and May being able to do basically fuck all, and I think I might be worse off for it. 

My depression has reached the point where stuff that used to make me feel better do so less and less without any real explanation as to why, and I’ve grown far more negative not just of other things but of my own abilities as well. Not all things, but just enough things that it’s starting to concern me.

Pasta and YM know a shorter version of this already, but May especially was really distressing for me without there actually being any real reason to. I guess it’s just the worst combo of restlessness and boredom with crumbling self esteem and depression.

The self esteem part especially is what’s slowing me down in regards to CAYOM. I could knock out another Scavenger Wars in less than a fortnight if I felt any good about what I’m doing, but now I just get myself worked up over insgnificant things and so everything I do falls apart completely. All that stuff I cancelled in the Magazine thread and the Scrooge 3 removal was because my confidence in them and in turn myself just isn’t there and thus I’m just so demotivated. I used to look fondly on my previous work (edits and revisions notwithstanding), but I’ve started to see them in a much more negative light too and so I just feel stuck wherever I go.

@YourMother the Edgelord asked what was going to happen with Voltron. The honest answer is that I really don’t know. There’s a real part of me that wants to get rid of it completely. The repeated failures and writing myself into corners I struggle to escape from has made it and the series as a whole a burden I feel like I have to do more than I want to do, and I feel like it’s been dragging everything else down with it. I know how that sounds, but it’s the honest truth.

I’ve explored multiple options - none that involves leaving CAYOM fortunately since I enjoy reading other people’s work, writing reviews, doing/following actuals and awards etc. - the de-motivation isn’t there as I feel with writing - but when it comes to writing I just feel weary and beaten while having barely done anything.

I don’t want to make it seem like I’m fishing for empathy/pity (also why it’s taken so long for me to say anything), but I want people to understand in case I decide to sit the summer out completely if things don’t improve. I don’t want to get myself worked up and run into yet another wall, at least not until I feel like I can wade through it more easily.

I’m confident enough in my ability to give other people feedback though, so I’m going to read as much as I can as early as I can, and if anyone wants an early response I’d be happy to lend them.

Sorry for making such a heavy post, but I’d rather get it off my chest now before it gets any worse. I don’t want anyone to worry about me as I’m sure I’ll be fine with time, but right now I’m just not feeling well. I’m really sorry.

• Sad 7

@cookie Completely understandable, and trust me, you don't sound like you're "fishing" for anything. You do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Best wishes to you and I hope you can get support sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1

@cookie, take all the time you need and get well soon.

Nothing but ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been thinking about it a lot and I think I after Mario, Toons, Heartman and Blue and Gold II are next. Lesedi and Eyes as well as Tintin and You and I are next.

Also been thinking about Hercules and actually have been thinking of ways on how to improve as of recently, I have stopped doing remakes was due to my frustration with the ones in real life and to be frank mine weren't great either.

KOTS may pale to the original but I’m glad I did something different and am somewhat proud of it. Brother Bear is also very different from the original as well, and I think for Hercules will be somewhat different as one of the problems I had with it was Hercules himself as a character was kind of flat. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2019 at 12:19 PM, cookie said:

Ad Astra stole a piece of trailer music I was hoping to use lol

And yesterday Microsoft stole another piece I wanted to use lol

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1