CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

24 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Really? You'd think that if there's one country in the world that Power Rangers would do good..... it'd be Japan, but somewhere in the top 30 countries where PR has the most potential, Portugal would be there. PR was literally present throughout my generation's childhood all the way through. If it did worse than Ghostbusters.... Jesus. Does that also mean that Rangers ain't getting a Blu-ray release?

I've not seen TF5 yet (sounds hilarious, though), and I'm in no rush to do it. I could've seen it w/my crush in the theater, but both me and her agreed that this one really isn't worth our money (did go to see Guardians 2 and Wonder Woman w/her, though... :ph34r:).

Rangers wasn't released on BR here. I am still surprised it bombed so hard. Under 30,000 tickets sold in total for a movie with marketing in all the bus stops and frikking outdoors is a disaster. Plus TV spots and whatever small fortune PRIS payed for the rights

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

What is everyone expecting for next weekend's openers? I have seen literally zero marketing for Wish Upon. None.

At least you know a movie called Wish Upon is coming out next weekend. I have no idea what that it is nor did I know that it even existed. 

:wintf:

• Like 1

What is everyone expecting for next weekend's openers? I have seen literally zero marketing for Wish Upon. None.

Apes: 60M

Big Dick: 10M

Wish Upon: 7M

Wish Upon will fill the horror void, but it's definitely performing worse than it could have with 47 Meters breaking out. 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I actually saw a TV spot during RAW me thinks :lol:

It is gonna be a super bomb. Probably won't even get 2,000 theaters.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

At least you know a movie called Wish Upon is coming out next weekend. I have no idea what that it is nor did I know that it even existed. 

:wintf:

same here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Apes: 60M

Big Dick: 10M

Wish Upon: 7M

Wish Upon will fill the horror void, but it's definitely performing worse than it could have with 47 Meters breaking out. 

Apes is doing 70M. The Tomato is on his side.

• Like 1

Wish Upon is from the guy who did the first Annabelle and looks like a typical generic PG-13 Horror film. Although some of the cast though. I mean Ryan Philippe, Audrey from Twin Peaks, Barb from Stranger Things. 

Really torn on how Apes will do, but I suspect it will do well if it's as good as the reviews are suggesting. July is probably gonna be like March all over again, just with even more capacity for multiple films to do well due to it being summer.

Edited by Jayhawk