CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Just checked for tickets for SMH at my two local reserved seating theaters and it is SOLD OUT all day today. 

Brace yourselves folks. A massive OW is coming. Spidey mania is alive and kicking! 

:ohmygod:

Mini-Jurassic World, ya'll!

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

.........before the Ethan Talk derails this thread completely, how many hours before Friday updates?

I'm guessing around 5 pm and then more between 9-11 pm.

The gods might chime in after midnight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

.........before the Ethan Talk derails this thread completely, how many hours before Friday updates?

Just have Ethan banned before it escalates to that and while theyre at it, the mods should just ban Han as well for the sake of it 

Problem solved 

:redcapes:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

As far as I'm concerned, nothing RDJ has done after his comeback will ever compare to his The Pick-Up Artist /Less Than Zero / Heart & Souls / Soapdish / Chances Are / Chaplin era. I don't care what Rotten Tomatoes and comic book fans say; those films he made back then were GLORIOUS, and in my opinion, a much better showcase for his talent and his charm than a million Iron Mans and Sherlock Holmes will ever be. :P 

SOAPDISH!!!

• Like 2

DM3 had a great Thu (8.2)...I think it might surprise this weekend. 

Can at least see :

10.7 (+30%) + 13.3 (+25%) + 10 (-25%) = 34 (-53%)

Those are conservative/reasonable holds. 34 weekend will give it 149+ cume.

Around 2x more the weekend will take it to 220.

2x is conservative going by how after SM:H it has no direct competition till Emoji Movie.

I think 230-240 is well on the table as it will be only 80-90 away from 230-340 if it manages a weekend of 34+.

Granted that's 40 odd lower than even conservative expectations but still, is some recovery after the OW.

Lorax did 214 after a 70m OW.  Shrek4 did 238 after a 70m OW. 

So 230-240 for DM3 as a tri-quel in this era will be good legs.

Edited by a2knet

I'll be curious to see if Universal moves SLOP 2 away from Spider-Man Homecoming 2 as it'll hurt both film if they remain in the same week. My guess is Universal moves SLOP 2 to Memorial Day weekend if Episode IX moves to December or July 12th

Edited by Jonwo

Spider-Man: Homecoming is THE BEST Spider-Man film ever and one of the best MCU films of all time. I've watched two times and going for a third this weekend, and while I was prepared for Holland to absolute kill it, nothing has prepared me for how fucking amazing Keaton's Toomes would be. The fact that it keeps climbing at Rotten Tomatoes and the box office is like a fucking dream come true. I can't believe what I saw it and I can't believe what I'm seeing. SPIDER-MAN IS FINALLY HOME AND HE IS GOING TO CRUSH EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating: 5/5

• Like 6