CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the one spider-man tradition that homecoming seems to have unfortunately dropped is having songs from the cringiest bands. Spider-Man 2's double credits whammy of Dashboard Confessional and Train is hard to beat there. though 3 has a Jet song in the credits.

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the one spider-man tradition that homecoming seems to have unfortunately dropped is having songs from the cringiest bands. Spider-Man 2's double credits whammy of Dashboard Confessional and Train is hard to beat there. though 3 has a Jet song in the credits.

Surprised you didn't roll this out

sq-josie-wail-hero-vid-col.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Amazing Spider-Man just had James Horner orchestral music. 

ASM 2 had one of the worst songs imaginable play in the beginning of the credits 

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Thor The Dark World is rotten according to top critics ( 47% )

The Incredible Hulk is also rotten according to top critics ( 59%)

Iron Man 2 is also rotten according to top critics ( 59%), but it's a "certified fresh rotten", because the movie was overall certified fresh with 72% on RT unlike Thor 2 and TIH.

The top critic score is so unpopular, RT virtually hides it.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Another thing I don't understand is how some users here shit on Doctor Strange so much. I rewatched it yesterday, and although it's a rushed film, it isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. The way some consider it to be one of the worst CBMs is mind boggling. 

It's not really a movie.  It's just a bunch of VFX...white noise....static....it's a horrible experience.

• Like 1

Spider Man Homecoming has just hit 200 reviews posted in RT with a perfect 94% (7/7 average rating) equaling the first IM movie.

I don't think it will go below 91/92 % now.

• Like 1

I love the Raimi films.

It's the same ole thing all the time: revisionist history of superhero films, when all these flaws suddenly appear. Trust me, in 20 years, when The Mighty Avengers, Spectacular Spider-Man,  Daken (or X-23 ), and The Wonder Woman  have opened, everyone will claim to dislike The Avengers, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Logan, and Wonder Woman (all of which will be fastidiously dissected and reassessed by fanboys as pieces of shit). :rofl:

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 3

raimi has a couple non franchise films that i think dispute the "scared of girls/doesn't know what to do with them" critique entirely, but i'd agree totally w/ you that Nolan/Wright are that 100%.

Doctor Strange isn't bad nor is it the worst comic book movie ever made especially when films like Fantatsic Four and Suicide Squad exist.

BUT for how critics and some folks talked about it, the film itself is just overrated (imo) and extremely forgettable. And then when you compare it to other MCU films....well yea then it might just be the worst of them all. The movie is just there. There's nothing to it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Subzero said:

The"Phantom" / F4 / Daredevil/ Elekra ... got to be in there somewhere. Thor 2 can't be that bad :lol:

F4 should be there....you are right....I have erased that from my memory.