CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Would give you a like but I'm all out of them. Which is perversely appropriate

I just need another director to drop out of something big. Can get a whole heap that way.

Rian Johnson, you are my only hope.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It will rise over $50M+ in the next update in a few hours... Trust me. It will not have a sub-$50M Friday.

I agree, I thought for sure $50+ million was looking really likely once the $15.4 million preview gross was released. Would make the share of opening day from preview grosses close to the same as the original Guardians. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Transformers 1 is a perfect summer movie. Seriously it's great and really fun. A- in my books. I remember my dad taking me to see this despite my Mom having a very strict stance on me seeing PG-13 movies in theaters.

Yeah but that was when it was A Boy and His Car and not Mahky Mahk and a Bunch of Knights and Hannibal Lecter Recite Alex Jones' Theory of the Middle Ages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What? AoE is the only Transformers movie with bad pacing. And the first movie is a textbook perfect in that category as it is any other

I haven't seen a Transformers movie since Revenge of the Fallen. Anything beyond that would be have been masochism. There's no secret to what you're going to get with a Bay film. 'Splosions on top of 'splosions and just in case you didn't think there was enough....more 'splosions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Transformers 1 is a perfect summer movie. Seriously it's great and really fun. A- in my books. I remember my dad taking me to see this despite my Mom having a very strict stance on me seeing PG-13 movies in theaters.

The first one really is a great popcorn flick. I even think the 2nd's better than most other people however I can't stand the 3rd or 4th. 

• Like 1

The Last Knight is easily one of the worst movies I ever watched. Like I had to laugh at just how awful it was. 

I never did a review for it because a movie that bad doesn't even deserve one. 

But if you like it....then you like it. There are films that other folks consider terrible, that I enjoy. Everyone has a different opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

How many different trailers are there for Dunkirk by the way? I swear to god I've seen like 4 different ones so far in cinemas.

@Telemachos, completely irrelevant, but I only now noticed that your full name is Telemachos. That's my dog's name (my Greek stepdad named him after a character from Odyssey)

We named the dog Indiana!

• Like 7

Just now, aabattery said:

I just need another director to drop out of something big. Can get a whole heap that way.

Rian Johnson, you are my only hope.

I can think of another one. Perhaps someone whose name rhymes with Waika Taititi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

Yeah but that was when it was A Boy and His Car and not Mahky Mahk and a Bunch of Knights and Hannibal Lecter Recite Alex Jones' Theory of the Middle Ages.

Hey I have no problem with embracing pure lunacy. It was delightful.

1 minute ago, AJ2k said:

I haven't seen a Transformers movie since Revenge of the Fallen. Anything beyond that would be have been masochism. There's no secret to what you're going to get with a Bay film. 'Splosions on top of 'splosions and just in case you didn't think there was enough....more 'splosions.

Yes there are 'splosions. This is true

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

Ah yes, "Someone". Did "someone" tell you that One More Day and Nazi Cap would make great movies because Marvel pooped those out at some point?

Oh, please be a Spider-Marriage widow. I love those. Yes, OMD sucked, but what followed is one of the most legendary phases of the character. If you ask me - and those who keep Spider-Man as Marvel Comics best selling Marvel comic - OMD was totally worth it. Spider-Verse gotta be something they are discussing for 2022. It makes way too much sense for them not to. And I mean IN-STORY. There are ways to make it work both meta and within the MCU story. I'll leave at that. There's a city to patrol here and it won't do it by itself. :P 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Hey I have no problem with embracing pure lunacy. It was delightful.

Yes there are 'splosions. This is true

Lunacy would be great if it was actually about robots. It's about everything but robots and doesn't have the Boy and His Car link to fool us actual Transformer fans anymore.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Oh, please be a Spider-Marriage widow. I love those. Yes, OMD sucked, but what followed is one of the most legendary phases of the character. If you ask me - and those who keep Spider-Man as Marvel Comics best selling Marvel comic - OMD was totally worth it. Spider-Verse gotta be something they are discussing for 2022. It makes way too much sense for them not to. And I mean IN-STORY. There are ways to make it work both meta and within the MCU story. I'll leave at that. There's a city to patrol here and it won't do it by itself. :P 

Yeah, if you want the MCU to have the continuity of a fever dream and somehow sell Tobey and Andrew Garfield as happening in the MCU, I guess.

Some of us prefer storylines involving the Guardians and other characters over the 398473209479350742095702497520495092 iterations of Spidey but okay.

• Like 1

Just now, nomyth said:

The fact that the 6th SM film in the 3rd reboot in 15 years will gross around 50M OD is simply astounding.

SM is truly one of the most popular characters ever created.

Only because they didn't make a version of the suit with "Spidey nutz" hanging out like Michael Bay probably would.