CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, KJsooner said:

Tell me almighty one with your gift of foresight what will the movie end up with domestically? 

I swear. I love WW, but I kinda wish now it was a massive failure, bc all these D.C. Twerps come out of the woodwork and start laying it on the mcu movies. Did they forget SS and BvS were massive disappointments? I'm hoping Thor ragnarok outgrosses JL. It'd be hilarious.

a1549b8621e83854cda79881ca75a953627840db

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Valerian Over 500M DOM said:

I don't just want Valerian to do well, I think it NEEDS to do well.  It's the kind of movie that Hollywood rarely makes.  They rarely spend 200M+ on a little known property.  They rarely let a visionary director have full creative control.  They rarely take risks on big budget sci-fi.  Valerian is doing a lot of things that people want to see more of in Hollywood.  How many times have you seen someone on Reddit or something say how Hollywood is out of original ideas and takes no risks...before rejecting the original ideas and risks.  It's a constant pattern of people clamoring for something new, yet when they get something new, they claim it's too weird or too out of the box and don't see it.  This has become so ever-present with Valerian about to be released, and so many people shouting "BOMB!" at it, mocking it, etc. without even thinking, just for one second, to give the movie a chance.

See Valerian.  Pay for it.  Tell your friends about it if you like it.  Do this for the sake of Hollywood and taking risks.  Please.  Valerian isn't just another film to me, it's something special.  It represents one of the last chances for Hollywood to realize risks can succeed.  If it succeeds, more risks are taken in Hollywood.  If it doesn't, and this pattern continues into next year, the year after, etc., we'll be getting the same movies every year.  I just wanted to make this post because so many people have been mocking Valerian for so long and it's disheartening.  I want people to give the movie a chance.

Guys, I have a better proposition for you: if you all go see Valerian, we will ban That One Guy forever. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Tell me almighty one with your gift of foresight what will the movie end up with domestically? 

I swear. I love WW, but I kinda wish now it was a massive failure, bc all these D.C. Twerps come out of the woodwork and start laying it on the mcu movies. Did they forget SS and BvS were massive disappointments? I'm hoping Thor ragnarok outgrosses JL. It'd be hilarious.

:rolleyes:

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It should aim for the MCU 2.66x average first.

And why aren't we using the non-sequel MCU average of 3x? Though I did exclude The Incredible Hulk in that average because we all know it's pretty much irrelevant to the franchise if we're being honest. 2.7x should be pretty much locked, I'd say anywhere up to 3.1x could happen. 

GOTG: 3.54x

IM1: 3.25x

Ant-Man: 3.15x

Avengers: 3x

Thor: 2.78x

Doctor Strange: 2.72x

Captain America: 2.7x

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

you are a gigantic hypocrite. You accuse people of being marvel haters for hating the suit then you go and make such a comment. Wow just wow

Edited by mredman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Yourmother, a dc fanboy? You seriously need to relax. Also, you are showing your true colors now.

People are speculating legs, and they are going with most obvious choices, same they did with wondy after it's OW.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mredman said:

Get over yourself. I just hate the suit very much though and many agree with this. You accuse me of being a Marvel hater even when i said its enterraining enough. But then let me ask how do you feel about DCEU movies ?

Many agree? Try a few agree with you. Mainly baumer and one other person that I can remember. Don't overestimate your supposed 'influence'

SM:H needs 2.75-2.80x to get to 325 with 116-118 ow.

imo that's the high side of expectations considering the front-loaded OD will hurt it's overall multiplier somewhat.

Even going over IM1/2 would be a very worthy goal.

Like Gitesh said, if it does 300+ then that's 7/7 300 films featuring IM.

I need SMH to stay over 115M for this week's SOTM or else I lose 10k points.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

CARS III is going to make more than TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT. Who saw that coming?

*raises hand*

• Like 3