CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Reminds me, I gotta rewatch the Raimi movies sometime soon. Not the TASMs because life's too short

Yes. Raimi ones are good.

I watched both of the TASM's this week (in one night) and not even kidding, I felt like I was going to die. Granted I was coming down with a cold, but I am positive they did me no favours.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Reminds me, I gotta rewatch the Raimi movies sometime soon. Not the TASMs because life's too short

I rewatched the raimis to get ready for Homecoming. Which kinda ended up being like watching the godfathers to get ready for Analyze This.

• Like 1

MODERATION:

As you all know, tagged spoilers for movies over 2 weeks into their runs are allowed in the weekend thread. Whoever, spoilers untagged are not allowed in the any thread until their homevideo release except the movie's thread 4 weeks after their run begins. Having said this, the following members are banned for one day from the weekend thread for posting untagged spoilers for Transformers: The Last Knight:

@MrPink

@CoolioD1

@DeeCee

Kind Regards,

The Mod Team

We are still going through the thread a second time so more bans might follow. 

Stay safe! Don't post spoilers!

• Like 19

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

I rewatched the raimis to get ready for Homecoming. Which kinda ended up being like watching the godfathers to get ready for Analyze This.

Comparing Raimi's technical work to (Sundance Director #207) is not something I'm prepared to do, lol

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

MODERATION:

As you all know, tagged spoilers for movies over 2 weeks into their runs are allowed in the weekend thread. Whoever, spoilers untagged are not allowed in the any thread until their homevideo release except the movie's thread 4 weeks after their run begins. Having said this, the following members are banned for one day from the weekend thread for posting untagged spoilers for Transformers: The Last Knight:

@MrPink

@CoolioD1

@DeeCee

Kind Regards,

The Mod Team

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

MODERATION:

@MrPink

@CoolioD1

@DeeCee

Kind Regards,

The Mod Team

giphy.gif

• Like 4

$34M is the number? 

Thats it. Trips canceled. I'm returning the ring. 

And this is all your fault folks. I told you guys to go out and watch Spidey! How could you guys betray me like this. Now whenever someone asks me "Well why didn't you propose Nova?" My response will be "Spider-man Homecoming only made $34M on its first Saturday. I just couldn't propose after such a tragedy." 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Rth, casual - 34

BOT, woke - Actually we crunched the numbers and it's 47

So you are betting that 34 is the number?  I just don't see how it would be possible. I'll believe any theories or riddle solving measures you guys throw out there over 34 being the actual number.  It's not dropping from the true Friday.  Let's be serious. 

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Spidey's at 54% on MT.com for the last 24 hours while DM3 is about 16%...if you assume DM 3 had a Saturday hold around $14M, then 3.5 times that would be $49M...so my riddle Math has some basis in things we know:)...

47-49M is too high I would think, that's around a 35%+ increase from a true Friday.

I think more around $39-$40M seems reasonable ..

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

So you are betting that 34 is the number?  I just don't see how it would be possible. I'll believe any theories or riddle solving measures you guys throw out there over 34 being the actual number.  It's not dropping from the true Friday.  Let's be serious. 

It's not unprecedented to drop from true Friday, especially for big fanbase movies like Spidey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

MODERATION:

@MrPink

@CoolioD1

@DeeCee

Kind Regards,

The Mod Team

C8BjpljUwAAXMq8.jpg:large

• Like 2

Just now, Subzero said:

47-49M is too high I would think, that's around a 35%+ increase from a true Friday.

I think more around $39-$40M seems reasonable ..

Okay, but then you gotta solve the riddle to get that answer...somehow...