CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I am of the few that likes The Lorax

Key phrase being the few.  I mean I'm all for protecting the environment but that was preachy as hell

Anyway, hell of a weekend for Spidey

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Top 5 Comic Book Movies (maybe)?

01. The Dark Knight
02. Logan
03. Kick-Ass
04. The Avengers
05. Guardians of the Galaxy

01. Logan

02. TDK

03. GOTG

04. Homecoming

05. Avengers.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I am of the few that likes The Lorax

I liked it when it was released but its not held up well on second viewing compared to Despicable Me. 

Hop is their worst film and it's no surprise they haven't done a hybrid since although I would like to see Illumination tackle a live action film in the future,

• Like 1

oh yeah i forgot now I have to rank MCU by obligation (which alternate too depending on my mood)

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Iron Man 3
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  4. Ant-Man
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy
  6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  7. Captain America: Civil War
  8. Captain America: The First Avenger
  9. Iron Man
  10. Doctor Strange
  11. The Avengers
  12. Iron Man 2
  13. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  14. Thor: Dark World
  15. Thor

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

looking back. Sony should have instead made one more film with Maguire/Raimi to close off that franchise and end with a better film than SM3 and then after that do the Marvel deal

Yes, better the TASM films never existed

lvfAekysBEjXFeu9sz6HWGIdID8tKYktrc6KXS-j

• Like 2

Just now, DAR said:

that was preachy as hell

The main similarity of Wall-E and The Lorax is this in bold.

The main difference is the thing that holds back the Lorax is it has boring main story characters and would have been better told as The Lorax and Onceler as the whole story.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

1. Captain America: Civil War

2. The Avengers

3. Spider-Man: Homecoming

4. Wonder Woman

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Batman Returns

Spider-man 2

Superman II

Hellboy II

Kingsman

If Darkman and Incredibles were CBM, they'd be in there. Darkman would be #2 and Incredibles #4.

giphy.gif

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Not really a spoiler, but it needs to be said:

Keaton elevates Vulture to the status of BEST SPIDER-MAN VILLAIN. And I'm not talking about just movies. MCU's Vulture is Spider-Man's best villain topped only by Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus from the comics. Molina's Octopus was amazing, but he got nothing on the Vulture. Fucking insane. 

"I thought that was the gravity gun"

I laughed so hard wasn't much but he sold it.

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Top 5 Comic Book Movies (maybe)?

01. The Dark Knight
02. Logan
03. Kick-Ass
04. The Avengers
05. Guardians of the Galaxy

1. Deadpool

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Superman

4. Logan

5. Wonder Woman

6. The Dark Knight

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I liked it when it was released but its not held up well on second viewing compared to Despicable Me. 

Hop is their worst film and it's no surprise they haven't done a hybrid since although I would like to see Illumination tackle a live action film in the future,

This too. Minions has far more memorable moments than Hop. Hop is your run of the mill CGI/Live Action hybrid. Illumination actually was going to branch out into Live Action and Stop Motion originally but things happened. Clifford (hybrid) got grabbed by Paramount, Addams Family (SM) got grabbed by MGM, they gave up on the Suess biography, Pluto and Curious George all of which hybrids. Also Emily the Strange would have been their first full live action film.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Do you think it's that air of familiarity about it? As we've sort of been here many times already.  I kind of see where you're coming from, despite loving it myself. 

No I don't think that's it. For me personally I didn't really relate to the John Hughes Spider-Man. I didn't like the way some of the characters were written especially Tony and happy and there was some really good stuff in it but I just overall didn't really care for the tone of the movie.