CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, aabattery said:

Heading out to see Spider-Man now.

Pray with me for a Ragnarok trailer, my friends.

My stupid theater didn't have 1 cbm trailer. They showed Valerian, Apes, a freaking commercial for a fox marvel tv show, some wish horror movie and alot of random audi commercials. I was hoping to see Ragnarok and Panther on the big screen

• Like 1

Just now, iHeartJames said:

My stupid theater didn't have 1 cbm trailer. They showed Valerian, Apes, a freaking commercial for a fox marvel tv show, some wish horror movie and alot of random audi commercials. I was hoping to see Ragnarok and Panther on the big screen

I got The Last Jedi, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Justice League, and Valerian. So every movie people will be geeking out for the rest of the year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Nicole Kidman is so awesome in The Beguiled.

So evil and fun. She really elevates the movie. I want it to do well just for her. Her face during the mushroom dinner scene alone is worth the price of admission. 

Image result for nicole kidman the beguiled gif saw

arg spoilers no?

9 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Im more surprised that the rotten tomatoes score is still 90+ cuz I really thought when reviews really started trickling in it would eventually cement in the 85+ section if not 89%

Out of the last 100 reviews only 4 have been negative. Thats a run rate of 96%

Yeah even I though it would go down but this has actually gone up not only in percentage but in average rating as well which is rare to see as SH movies generally start high and go down. 

I still think this wont stay at 94%. But I am quite confident that it will stay in the 90% region. Beginning of this year I though out of all SH movies Logan and Guardians will be top and WW and Spidey will be in the 70's. But it could turn out spidey is king if it holds that 94%

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I got The Last Jedi, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Justice League, and Valerian. So every movie people will be geeking out for the rest of the year. 

Im so freaking jealous like I was so disappointed in those b.s trailers but MAN DID VALERIAN LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Heading out to see Spider-Man now.

Pray with me for a Ragnarok trailer, my friends.

I've called Event Cinemas. 

Edited by DeeCee

16 minutes ago, Ent said:

Wrong !

Spider Man3 grossed $554m+ overseas in 2006, without 3D and without an expanded chinese market.

I definitely believe had it been a great movie with a 4th sequel two years later, a Raimi Spiderman4 would have been the one hitting $1b worldwide effortlessly before TDK, which had been rereleased worldwide a few months after vbeing out of the theaters to give it the ultimate boost to hit $1b.

Spider Man has always been a monster overseas regardless of the movie being good or not.

Yes, and add IM to that and we get massive openings like SMHC just had in South Korea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Out of the last 100 reviews only 4 have been negative. Thats a run rate of 96%

Yeah even I though it would go down but this has actually gone up not only in percentage but in average rating as well which is rare to see as SH movies generally start high and go down. 

I still think this wont stay at 94%. But I am quite confident that it will stay in the 90% region. Beginning of this year I though out of all SH movies Logan and Guardians will be top and WW and Spidey will be in the 70's. But it could turn out spidey is king if it holds that 94%

It'll pretty much stay 93% or 92% cuz it was at 93% and it got a rotten and didn't go down so I think it'll stabilize in that region unless the movie gets alot of rottens at once

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Some of you will learn the hard way that Spider-man is the people's super hero. 

Everyone loves the character. 

Nah. I know several people who hate Spider-Man, including myself. He is very popular though so I'll give you that.

3 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

It'll pretty much stay 93% or 92% cuz it was at 93% and it got a rotten and didn't go down so I think it'll stabilize in that region unless the movie gets alot of rottens at once

Yeah even if its next review is rotten it will still stay at 94%

13 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Those trailers are worth the price of admission imo.

• Like 5