Finnick

Monday numbers: SMH: 12.2M, DM3 4.3M, BD 1.67M, WW 1.18M Today, we celebrate our MOEDAY

6 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Its not a france thing btw. Days lenghten more the further towards the poles you go during summer. Vice versa the days shorter more the further towards the poles you go in Winter.

so sure there will be more incident sunlight striking your solar panels during summer but during winter there wil be less. So it kinda balances it out. Better place to put solar plants would be near the equater as the day lenght does not differ much there and consequently ensures steady supply. 

Btw its the axial tilt of the Earth that causes the changes in day/night lenght amongst other things

How long are winter season in europe?

Also living in india, I am habitual to a rainy season. But in france it felt like it was raining without any pattern.

Edited by damnitgeorge08

52 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Those goons were one second from blowing Xaviers head off. All they had to do was pull the trigger. I found it amusing that the thugs could only watch helplessly as Logan slowly clawed his way to them.

What would've been a better alternative than having the farmer rescue Logan. Just about anything would've been cliche at this point.

And the kids were scared and still inexperienced. It's totally believable they would mostly choose to run when facing a small army of cybernetic mercs. 

These mostly seem like nitpicks imo. 

Logan deserves it top tier status. 

If you guys want to nitpick why not go after Wonder Woman? :jeb!:

Hot take... While the quality has been consistently above the norm, none of the superhero stuff released in '17 even remotely deserves anything resembling "top tier status."

6 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

Well, if it was just one scene that would be a nitpick. I don't think it's a nitpick when IMO multiple (majority of?) action sequences in the film were poorly done. Time doesn't matter to Xavier when he does his mental stoppage trick so there was zero danger to him. The danger was actually more towards Logan and Laura in that they had to kill everyone and sedate Xavier before he overwhelmed their healing abilities, but the film didn't do enough IMO to make it seem like a danger to them. Maybe they should have had Logan pass out since his healing factor is reduced by his age and the adamantium poisoning him, and have Laura who is younger and has a better relative healing factor finish off the last couple goons and sedate Xavier. IMO that would have sold the danger in the scene better. The farmer was already fatally stabbed and should have stayed dead in the house. A more believable scenario would have Logan maneuver the fight over to where Laura is on the ground and then have him cut her restraints so they can team up against X24. The whole kids being scared and inexperienced thing would have worked if they had maintained that all the way through the scene. Telekinetic girl throwing leaves and branches at the mercs to bloody them up a bit is within reason for someone scared and inexperienced and maintains the threat of the mercs. Having her then just rip the guy in half with her mind just destroys all dramatic tension - the mercs are simply not a serious threat against someone who could do that. All-in-all, Logan's still a pretty good movie, but there's just too many missteps in major scenes for me to keep Logan in top-tier status.

1) The action in Logan was pretty suspenseful, easy to follow, gritty and intense imo.

2) Xavier wasn't stopping time. He was basically paralyzing people with a psychic blast.  Once it was over the Reavers would've pulled the trigger. Logan only had seconds to reach them.

3) You can survive a stab wound, especially if you're fixated on revenge.

4) I don't see any of these as major inconsistencies. No superhero movie survives close examination and skepticism, not even SM2 or TDK.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hot take... While the quality has been consistently above the norm, none of the superhero stuff released in '17 even remotely deserves anything resembling "top tier status."

Which cbm's you will keep in top tier?

IMO, no cbm after 2012 is top tier.

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

47 Meters Down was... watchable. I'd say it had exactly one frightening moment which barely lasted a few seconds. 

Pretty much this. I didn't dislike it, but I also didn't care enough to give it higher than a 6.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Well that depends on your taste.

Logan makes plenty of people's top 10.

If a movie constantly makes people's top ten all-time superhero movies, it's pretty much top tier by default imo.

10 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

You're only adjusting for ticket price inflation too, what about 3D? The each of the movies in the OT would probably be at 800M+ DOM.

But if tickets are more expensive, fewer people are going to go. 

Also SM1 and SM2 didn't have to compete with the amount of entertainment.

They also had the novelty advantage. People had been waiting 30-40 years for a Spider-man movie.

10 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Which cbm's you will keep in top tier?

IMO, no cbm after 2012 is top tier.

Batman Returns

Superman II

Hellboy II

Spider-man 2

Batman

Iron Man

Captain America The First Avenger

Kingsman Sercet Service

Watchmen

Kick Ass

Darkman*

The Incredibles*

Of the releases this year, I liked the one with the least critical buzz most, Guardians Vol. 2.

- Not big on Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy but it's fare more compelling than just about every CBM movie that releases now.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

One of the best parts about 47 Meters Down is its opening credits. Instead of saying "Directed by" "Written by" etc., they just go with "D I R E C T O R". To top it off, it's JOHANNES ROBERTS' 47 METERS DOWN. So artsy! 

I don't know what it is with credits making me laugh lately. First it was 47 Meters, and now it's SMH because of how much Amy Pascal is in there :lol: 

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Hey don't shoot the messenger. :P

Logan's in my top ten.

But some people thought he was an asshole for treating his daughter like a burden for 90% of the movie.

To be fair, I think the only X-men movie my wife saw was First Class. So she doesn't know about Wolverine's tormented history.

Wolverine being an asshole? Shocking!