CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

11 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

So you know the 9000 nobodies who went to imdb to rate a movie weeks before it opened? 

I guess you can believe what you want... but it's all randos here. Which is weird because the only people who aren't randos are.... critics. But we don't trust them because they're basically a different species of human who can't be trusted and never know what they're talking about....

kind of a catch 22 here....

The movie was shown at Cannes may 21st so a large number of these reviews are french people who have seen it, unless you want to believe 9000 people felt the need to post good reviews about this movie because of reasons..

Edited by VENOM

2 minutes ago, VENOM said:

The movie was shown at Cannes may 21st so a large number of these reviews are french people who have seen it, unless you want to believe 9000 people felt the need to post good reviews about this movie because of reasons..

You realize that wasn't for the general public, right?

Seeing this in an hour's time. I'm unusually pumped. As much as I've enjoyed all the big movies I've seen lately, I'm ready for a change from all the known franchises. I need some new blood, some fresh air.

7 minutes ago, VENOM said:

unless you want to believe 9000 people felt the need to post good reviews about this movie because of reasons..

Why wouldn't I believe that? What reason would I have to trust any "user rankings" at imdb or rotten tomatoes? I don't have one.... because there isn't one...

Your theory is everyone got out of Cannes and then went to imdb to rate the movie? Nobody at Cannes did that... something like 1 percent of all moviegoers ever do that. And about half of that 1 percent are weird randos with some agenda.... 

user rankings were notoriously unreliable before "brigading" became a story five years ago.... they're not any better now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I have a feeling it wasn't 9,000 people who saw it at Cannes...

It wasn’t magically 9,000 after Cannes, it’s been over a month since then and it’s obviously been shown in other places since.

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I have a feeling it wasn't 9,000 people who saw it at Cannes...

yeah not counting the press screenings and the premiere this only had one screening at cannes the public could've gotten into. usually they show every movie again on the last day but they didn't even do that for this. kept it pretty tight.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah not counting the press screenings and the premiere this only had one screening at cannes the public could've gotten into. usually they show every movie again on the last day but they didn't even do that for this. kept it pretty tight.

The public? I thought you had to be invited.

9 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

Why wouldn't I believe that? What reason would I have to trust any "user rankings" at imdb or rotten tomatoes? I don't have one.... because there isn't one...

Your theory is everyone got out of Cannes and then went to imdb to rate the movie? Nobody at Cannes did that... something like 1 percent of all moviegoers ever do that. And about half of that 1 percent are weird randos with some agenda.... 

user rankings were notoriously unreliable before "brigading" became a story five years ago.... they're not any better now. 

Is that tin foil hat on too tight? You think everyone is lying, the critics, the audience, it’s all one big conspiracy to fool you? 

• Thanks 1

Margot Robbie is getting career best reviews for this film.

She s a lock for a nomination for best 

Prop with nice 60's hair, make up, long boots and clothes.

Rumor has it Uma feels cheated and she is furious !!!

I could definitely see, if it's a true complaint, about it possibly being too long and some parts people don't like. That's why I said the word of mouth  could just be decent. I could also see mixed word of mouth but overall I think most people know what they're getting into it by seeing this movie so most will enjoy it