CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

Yeah and I am saying that without any concept of auteur people get choke on film/tv for much less money everyday, so that it is a bit of a speculation that they would have not done it if the auteur movement never happen.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Re-read QT statment it s fascitnating how many times he ueses the argument

" oh do you think Uma or Diane would accept to be spat on or chocked by the grip boy ?".

Re-read it and that is you get from ?:

Frankly if I asked an actor, a grip or a stunt guy. Hey Charlie, can you spit on Uma’s face for this shot? Charlie’s going to be so intimidated that first take that he’s going to f*ck it up. And he’ll probably be intimidated on his second take and maybe by the fourth or fifth time, he’ll get his sh*t together. In that instance, we did our three takes, and Uma said, if you really need a fourth one, go ahead, do a fourth one.

To me sounded a bit unfair to ask the grip to do something like that, not really in is job nor pay description to do stuff like that.

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Re-read it and that is you get from ?:

Frankly if I asked an actor, a grip or a stunt guy. Hey Charlie, can you spit on Uma’s face for this shot? Charlie’s going to be so intimidated that first take that he’s going to f*ck it up. And he’ll probably be intimidated on his second take and maybe by the fourth or fifth time, he’ll get his sh*t together. In that instance, we did our three takes, and Uma said, if you really need a fourth one, go ahead, do a fourth one.

To me sounded a bit unfair to ask the grip to do something like that, not really in is job nor pay description to do stuff like that.

That is Tarantino s auteur justification to do it.

In his mind, it HAD to be real spit.

It HAD to be a real choke move.

QT believes in the auteur bullshit more than his actors that is what I am saying.

Thousands of movies had Spit or choke scenes and probably 95% of them had fake spit and fake strangulation ...

Note to Mr Tarantino :

movies are not reality.(James Cameron quote by the way)

Edited by The Futurist

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

That is Tarantino s auteur justification to do it.

In his mind, it HAD to be real spit.

It HAD to be a real choke move.

QT believes in the auteur bullshit more than his actors that is what I am saying.

Thousands of movies had Spit or choke scenes and probably 95% of them had fake spit and fake strangulation ...

Note to Mr Tarantino :

movies are not reality.(James Cameron quote by the way)

You just completely shifted subject there no ? From had to be him, to now talk about had to be real or are you talking about what you quoting me about and I missed something ?

Auteur is an ability to have a personal vision go trough the hard to do it environment of high cost movie and so many movie already been made I am not 100% sure I fully follow the link between that and real spit vs non real spit or real choke vs non real choke, many auteur do not mind, many non-auteur would mind and did even before the concept became popular no ?

Could you explain the link you are making between auteur and real spit vs water with colorant type of spit or what not it would have been ? I feel like many are really overrating what receiving real spit or a real choke is, how is it a big deal ? Actors pies on themselves, get naked, loose/gain 40 pounds, people die every year making movies, break bones all the times, giant pollution is made for them, river are stopped or moved, traffic blocked, someone didn't feel the fake spit looked real enough, wanted real spit the actor was ok with it and they did it, thats a big deal ?

Auteur is such a diverse spectre James Cameron (that went way more intense and dangerous with actor than real spit or real choke but at least if he hast time and money and capacity to not put them at risk he would not do it I think), to Micheal Bay (maybe the biggest auteur in Hollywood in the 90s, 2000s) to Wes Anderson.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

https://theplaylist.net/sony-reconsider-tarantino-manson-20180212/

you know what would piss qt off more than not making the movie is making the movie and then selling it off to netflix a month before it comes out.

If you put the original article quoted in that one:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/02/08/three-charles-manson-movies-are-coming-but-quentin-tarantinos-is-in-jeopardy-at-sony-over-polanski-thurman-stories

With sentence like:

The third Manson movie is the one from Quentin Tarantino with a $200 million plus budget

And a website named like that and the author jobs track record.... Not sure how much in the know that guy really is or just speculating about the obvious (sure people are nervous.....).

Edited by Barnack

8 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

375m to break even?!

It is getting a rather large budget:

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2.0-Website-Approved-Projects-List-Online-12.11.17.pdf

It is Untitled #9 on that list, L. Driver Productions, Inc is Tarantino company and what Tarantino consider is 9th film (I imagine he see both Kill Bill as just one big movie that the studio cut in 2).

89.5m qualified expenditures, 71m net is quite a lot for a movie with those above the line cost that does not appear here, but I really doubt that it is any close to a 375M break even point, even with a 45m above the line cost and first dollar gross, I imagine it must be around 260/270m... max

With how much will go to the talent in first dollar (and participation dollar for the non Tarantino-DiCaprio) if you make 0 at 375m at how much will you make 50m.... ?

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

meh, i dunno. i feel like if any stories like that were gonna break about him it would've happened when everyone was dogpiling him a couple weeks ago.

They did search quite deep and were on complete non-story toward the end, it is true.