CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

18 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

Harvey deserves to be jailed (though i wont believe that there wasnt a few people who slept with him to further their careers). Nassar deserves to be shot and Polanski is just a sick fuck.

Tarintino though? No. And here is my reasoning for Uma. She put out a story which upon first viewing would have people believe Tarintino abused her by spitting on her and choking her to the point of bullying, until you read more resources. Tarintino spat on her because the star who was meant to kept messing it up so he thought it would be better to have him do it once or twice properly instead of endless reshoots of people spitting all over her, seems fair. The choking was FOR THE MOVIE, and he had her permission to do so, it made the scene authentic and she could have said no, he used this same technique in inglorious bastards with the german actress (forgot her name) with no complaints so its clearly not a bullying move towards Uma, as she claimed. 

Then we have the crash, now driving a car was in the script, it wasnt a stunt, it was a simple drive in a straight line. Now if you are going to accept a film role with this in a script and get a paycheck for 24m dollars, you make sure you learn to drive, or dismiss the role if thats too much hassle. 

Tarintino made Uma the star she is today, and now she has put out a story that makes him out to be an asshole for petty film making actions and i think that is ridiculous, so yes i think she should be blacklisted. The guy quite clearly didnt spit on her or choke her because he didnt like her and i think its wrong to make out he did for publishing reasons. Its an absolute joke, people dont realise how good they have it, tarintino could spit in my face all day for that kind of money.

When you have actors like Tom cruise breaking their bones for certain scenes or countless stories of people being punched during filming (accidently) it makes me read this story with a huge eye roll. 

There’s a video. It wasn’t a straight road. The car wasn’t safe. He told her to go 40miles an hour so the wind caught her hair right and if she didn’t do it right the first time he’d make her do it again. You should read the actual interview with Uma Thurman again.

Tarantino hasn’t given an interview yet. So these other sources aren’t directly from him or recent. 

Edited by Krissykins

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

There’s a video. It wasn’t a straight road. The car wasn’t safe. He told her to go 40miles an hour so the wind caught her hair right and if she didn’t do it right the first time he’d make her do it again. You should read the actual interview with Uma Thurman again.

Tarantino hasn’t given an interview yet. So these other sources aren’t directly from him or recent. 

Except he did: http://deadline.com/2018/02/quentin-tarantino-uma-thurman-harvey-weinstein-kill-bill-car-crash-new-york-times-1202278988/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I hadn’t seen this thanks.

Yeh, he fucked up. He put her in danger, saying the road was straight.

The fact that the director felt the need to test drive the route first, makes me think this really should’ve been an actual stunt. 

I’ve watched the video, it isn’t a straight road, which he now admits. 

Her word against his about his reaction. He doesn’t address the threat of making her do it again if she didn’t hit 40. 

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I saw the video, it was a simple drive, the crash was quite clearly from a lack of control. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

I saw the video, it was a simple drive, the crash was quite clearly from a lack of control. 

Did you even read Tarantino’s comments? Even he admits the road wasn’t straight and it ended up not being a simple drive. He goes on about how he knew she was a shaky driver, but he still insisted she had to be the one driving. Assured her he test drove on the road and it was straight, then decides to have her drive in the opposite direction. She didn’t want to do the drive, but agreed based on his repeated assurances, and they were false. Now he has excuses about how the road was too gravely/sandy, curved, etc. when he should’ve done his job and not put his star/friend in harms way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

Did you even read Tarantino’s comments? Even he admits the road wasn’t straight and it ended up not being a simple drive. He goes on about how he knew she was a shaky driver, but he still insisted she had to be the one driving. Assured her he test drove on the road and it was straight, then decides to have her drive in the opposite direction. She didn’t want to do the drive, but agreed based on his repeated assurances, and they were false. Now he has excuses about how the road was too gravely/sandy, curved, etc. when he should’ve done his job and not put his star/friend in harms way. 

I just spent the last half hour reading it and of course he would say that or he will get ripped apart but lets face it, any competent driver with a driving licence can see that it was an easy drive. Maybe its because im from the UK and our driving tests are actually challenging unlike the the US where any tool and get a liscence. 

My main complaint is how these articles have spun this to make tarantino look like some sick bully when its clearly not the case and everyone on this thread was completely fooled by click bait journalism without giving the time to here both sides. Metoo has nothing to do with tarintino, so why is he even being brought up as part of a Metoo campaign? 

Sorry if I'm being thick, just reading about this car crash thing. Sorry but how is the director responsible if Uma Thurman crashes a car? He told her it was a straight line? Well does she have a driving licence? And you know, eyes? If she crashes a car because she doesn't see a turn in the road, that is her own stupid fault.

Maybe I have misunderstood this but I'm not seeing the issue. Although if she actually didn't know how to drive (I guess some actors don't need to?) then there should have been someone else driving the car, I will say that.

Edited by Tree Billboards
  • Like 1

I'm glad to see the woman say her peace about that old interview. So disgusting how people 15+ years ago and now in and out of Hollywood keep trying to downplay the rape of a 13 year old. 

All that being said I think this film still happens and QT's career will survive. 

It's a shame that a perfectly noble cause that was created to clear all perverts and scumbags from the entertainment industry like the Me Too movement has now become a  large scale vendetta, bringing down innocent people in the process.

It's Occupy Wall Street all over again.

Edited by Boxx93

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

If the "auteur" concept didn't exist, Uma Thurman would have never had that car accident and Diane Kruger would have never accepted to be choked for real for the sale of art on screen.

Maybe, maybe not, Pre auteur concept era people were much wilder and much more risk taker on camera no ? From Buster Keaton to Chaplin, or Jack Ass now is not really on that optic.

People were shot at with real arrow's on Robin Hood 1938, not sure it was for "art" they were simply getting a 100 or 200$ bonus if they accepted, was so much pre-auteur that the director was changed in the middle of the shoot.

People choke themselve for less than 1% the motivation of doing a movie scene every day on youtube/tv with any auteurship involved, people take risk driving car everyday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAEt7G0S9M

Look at the list of people hurt/dying on set:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_and_television_accidents#2010s

Not sure it is auteur heavy.... the stuntwoman that accepted to drive that motorcycle on Deadpool 2 without an helmet.... was it for the sake of David Leitch auteurship ?

Edited by Barnack

People will endure horrible things for hundreds of reasons, I am speaking about those two very specific examples and what was the beliefs of everybody on those 2 film sets :

a God-like all knowing figure, QT, and his "puppets", Uma & Diane complicit with their "auteur", "visionry director" whatever you want to call him, and his way of doing things.

Re-read QT statment it s fascitnating how many times he ueses the argument

" oh do you think Uma or Diane would accept to be spat on or chocked by the grip boy ?".

Edited by The Futurist