WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

God, that would be terrible for Apes. Sub-$15m on true Friday, which doesn't really bode well for its chances of hitting $50m for the weekend.

Of course, it's only 4pm on the East Coast. Anything can happen.

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Gotta love it when CJohn gets to his depressive stage...

I am depressed for America's state right now. All you guys want is Trump, guns and silly funny book movies. You guys are a dying continent. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Stupid dumb American audience. Fucking hell. Get drown on your funny book movies. You deserve what you are gonna get in the future. No space in the market for any other genre. Dunkirk won't even crap 40M next weekend. Mark my words.

I'm not sure I'd compare a sequel to a premier movie...the premier movie doesn't require anyone to watch 2 other movies to get invested...

It just might mean trilogies need to be made more like LOTR - put them out 3 years in a row and end them...before audiences who get invested fall away and while you're hot/awesome enough to convince newcomers to still jump on board...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You laugh now but you will cry next week when Dunkirk fails to do 35M.

Valerian might actually not open above 10M at this point.

I agree.

Americans wanted to prove they weren't sheeps. It is as simple as that. All they did was to prove they deserve the future they are gonna get.

Valerian under 10M.

Box office has never been darker.  July 21, the day Besson and Nolan fans all have mental breakdowns.  It's not gonna be pretty.

• Like 3

Just now, Eevin said:

God, that would be terrible for Apes. Sub-$15m on true Friday, which doesn't really bode well for its chances of hitting $50m for the weekend.

Of course, it's only 4pm on the East Coast. Anything can happen.

Yeah I find it really hard to believe it won't hit $20M after $5M in previews. That would be devastating. I was hoping for ~$27-28M but it keeps falling...

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Apes final estimates won't be good.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spidey failed to hit 14mil.

When Deadline's super early estimates have been low week after week after week, why do expect them to all of sudden be spot on or too high today?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I am depressed for America's state right now. All you guys want is Trump, guns and silly funny book movies. You guys are a dying continent. 

Well, let be honest here, Beauty and the Beast is our nation's champion until Star Wars. So, we want them Disney live-action remakes more than anything else, CJohn.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Looks like people want to save money and the hyped superhero movies are the ones that are getting people out 

Then these people complain that there are only superhero movies coming out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think this solidifies it, people in North America are not in the mood for super dark blockbusters for the most part, even good super dark blockbusters. 

Unless it is a CBM like Logan.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You laugh now but you will cry next week when Dunkirk fails to do 35M.

Valerian might actually not open above 10M at this point.

I agree.

Americans wanted to prove they weren't sheeps. It is as simple as that. All they did was to prove they deserve the future they are gonna get.

Ah you think Nolan's failure is your ally. I was born in it when Interstellar opened to 47m. Molded by it. I didn't see the 4x multiplier till I was a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

When Deadline's super early estimates have been low week after week after week, why do expect them to all of sudden be spot on or too high today?

I'm not going to argue with delusional Spider-Man fans anymore.

Again it's sad when the only movies at the domestic market that go $200M+ nowadays are Star Wars, Superhero movies, Disney live action remakes and certain animated movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Well, let be honest here, Beauty and the Beast is our nation's champion until Star Wars. So, we want them Disney live-action remakes more than anything else, CJohn.

• Like 1