WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Definitely a disappointing number for Apes, but it's somewhat understandable. Still, all the movies I'm stanning for this summer are disappointing (except WW and GotG 2 which only disappointed overseas). Hopefully Dunkirk changes that, but I'm not optimistic.

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I agree, a casual moviegoer could have easily thoght that it was basically Dawn again.

So, lesson to Fox's marketing,

Wrong assumption, their assumption of the good will from Dawn could lasted fresh for 3 years and make people eagerly wanting to see them again, proved wrong, good will from Dawn has diminished into ash after so many blockbuster franchise come into marketplace in just 3 years......

Being too dependent on RT score, after riding of the success of logan/deadpool

Last, so many RT-certified highly recommended movie(90%+) come into marketplace in July, BD, BS, SMH, and supposed masterpiece of Dunkirk.....making high RT score for Apes be unattractive..... 

13 minutes ago, XO21 said:

If he stayed we would be talking about a $150m total

Yeah. ASM3 with Garfield was a 150 dom + 400 os = 550 ww film at best. And another 200-250 prod budget like ASM2. Not to mention no future for the franchise, unlike right now.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Excuse me for sounding like an idiot but what's Tomato Law?

If you get good reviews on RT, you breakout, if your reviews are shit, You underperform or flop.