WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Homecoming will do around $320m. Good result as it has bring spiderman back to good terms in public eyes.

Sequel will most probably increase ala gotg 2. 

Also,

Gotg2- $390m

Shm- $320m

Marvel studios is doing good.

Edited by damnitgeorge08
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

If SM:HC drops 60-61% will that be the biggest MCU Drop in Recent Years???Anyone?

The Incredible Hulk dropped 60 % on its second weekend, CW 59 %, Age of Ultron 59 %, Captain America 61 %

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, the beast said:

How many weeks could Wonder Woman be in theaters for?

BATB's 7th weekend was 6.825, similar to Wonder Woman's 7th weekend. Right now BATB is in the 18th weekend and almost at the end of the run.

So Wonder Woman could be around for 10 weekends more?

That will take it to September end. 

October = Rest time

November = She will be back in JL :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

In the grand scheme my dude, it's all recent years.

Phase one is done so recent years would be after it.

Or should I rephrase .....Will a 60-61% drop be the biggest in the MCU phase 2??!Anyone??

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Phase one is done so recent years would be after it.

Or should I rephrase .....Will a 60-61% drop be the biggest in the MCU phase 2??!Anyone??

Spidey's in phase 3 :ph34r:

• Like 3

It's fucking 4AM, haven't slept a wink, BUT THAT'S CAUSE I JUST GOT BACK FROM ONE OF THE BEST DAMN MOVIES IN A LONG TIME. (apes obviously)

More in the morning. See you guys in like 8 hours :lol:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, a2knet said:

BATB's 7th weekend was 6.825, similar to Wonder Woman's 7th weekend. Right now BATB is in the 18th weekend and almost at the end of the run.

So Wonder Woman could be around for 10 weekends more?

That will take it to September end. 

October = Rest time

November = She will be back in JL :)

WB should re-expand WW when JL is released 😁

• Like 2

I think an issue with Apes that a lot of people aren't able to get past is being required to get emotionally invested in CGI/mocap characters that mostly communicate in signs/subtitles fighting against a human population that speaks English. It's just hard for a wider audience to take it as completely seriously as the movies want you to. I know personally I've had to be constantly fighting the temptation to snicker at the more dramatic sign-exchanges.

Edited by tribefan695

Just now, tribefan695 said:

I think an issue with Apes that a lot of people aren't able to get past is being required to get emotionally invested in CGI/mocap characters that mostly communicate in signs fighting against a human population that speaks English. It's just hard for a wider audience to take it as completely seriously as the movies want you to. I know personally I've had to be constantly fighting the temptation to snicker at the more dramatic sign-exchanges.

I asked my mum if she wanted to see it with me today and she said that the CGI apes give her the creeps.

I think the premise is just a bit limiting in itself. At the end of the day, it is kind of awkward to be rooting against humanity.

• Like 2

Apparently that the name for Apes was too long for GA audience to remember and pay attention, hardly any of my friend could remember the name of movie when they said about the movie,

I only learned that in some of their eyes, planet of apes was interchangeable with The Jungle book......  

60% drop in July is not as bad as 60% drop in March or November.

July has strong weekdays limiting weekend business.

Ant-Man fell 57% in 2nd weekend and had a final multiplier of 3.15x. In March, no movie falling 57% will be on track for 3.15x.

A 60% drop still hasn't ruled out 2.75x+ for Spiderman (321+).

The low-end I think is 305-310 (95-100 away after this weekend of 46-47) and that will be a still solid 2.60-2.65x multiplier.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2