WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

13 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

I think by definition, we don't know how good the word of mouth is until after the fact. The evidence points that Wonder Woman has very good word of mouth. For Spider-Man, we'll have to wait and see.

17 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It's a pretty typical July drop, really. It's on the lower end but mostly in line with what most people (bar iJack) were expecting.

22 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Spider-man is one of the most popular superheroes in the world, people will rush out to see his movie first weekend, his sequels being frontloaded should be expected.

Thanks, guys! I was really confused. I think that, not unlike iJack, I was way too eager to expect this film to behave more like Wonder Woman than like Amazing Spider-Man in terms of drops. The love-letter reviews and ecstatic internet buzz made me expect something that may not have been too realistic. 

Just now, Cochofles said:

Thanks, guys! I was really confused. I think that, not unlike iJack, I was way too eager to expect this film to behave more like Wonder Woman than like Amazing Spider-Man in terms of drops. The love-letter reviews and ecstatic internet buzz made me expect something that may not have been too realistic. 

Well, pretty much everything is gonna look disappointing next to Wonder Woman.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

More importantly, how is Megan Leavey doing this weekend?

i have a feeling if it does not hit home video by the end of August, it and It Comes At Night are going to get a labor day expansion?

Just wondering, are you looking forward to seeing Valerian, or are you not looking forward to seeing Valerian?

Well, if its 13.6 its basically a 54.5% increase from Thursday's 8.8m. Ant-Man also had a 54% increase. 

If it follows Ant-Man exactly for the weekend

13.6 (+54%)

18.5 (+36%)

14.7 (-20%)

46.8m

I'm thinking 45-46m. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Well, if its 13.6 its basically a 54.5% increase from Thursday's 8.8m. Ant-Man also had a 54% increase. 

If it follows Ant-Man exactly for the weekend

13.6 (+54%)

18.5 (+36%)

14.7 (-20%)

46.8m

I'm thinking 45-46m. 

I want 47M so it hits a nice, clean 200M by the end of the weekend.

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also it's 4:22 AM.  And I'm still awake.

wtf.

Don't worry. If you stay up everyday you'll soon reset your circadian rhythm. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

It's that Valerian electricity running through your system! :D 

I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN VALERIAN AND IT'S ALREADY KILLING MY SLEEP SCHEDULE.

FUCK.  AM I NOT GONNA SLEEP FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT AFTER SEEING IT? (probably worth it tbh)

• Like 1