WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

2nd Update, Friday 12:40PM: 20th Century Fox’s War for the Planet of the Apes is looking more like its first movie Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kong: Skull Island in regards to its box office pacing today with $18.5M-$20M, which includes the $5M made last night. Rise made $19.5M on its first day six years ago, while Kong cleared $20.1M back in March. This puts War on a path for $50M-$55M this weekend.

Meanwhile, Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming is estimated to bring in $14M today, -72%, on its way to a $46M-$47M second place take and a 10-day of $210M. As of this minute, it’s expected to stay in second place for the weekend.

Illumination/Universal’s Despicable Me 3 will see $7.5M in its third Friday and an estimated third three-day of $21M, taking its cume by Sunday to $190M.

Amazon/Lionsgate’s romantic comedy The Big Sick is currently estimated at $3M today, $8.5M in its fourth weekend expansion to 2,597 theaters. Cume by Sunday is $16.9M.

Broad Green’s Wish Upon per industry estimates is looking at $1.5M today and $4M for the weekend.

Early estimates always go up, a least a little. I expect War to get $60M+ and Homecoming to $50M+ once Deadline overnight/tomorrow morning.

• Community Manager

Damn. I was betting on an increase from Dawn due to it's positive reception and the really good reviews for this one.

Fucking hell the one time I think the Tomato law might not be BS and it doesn't work. I blame @CJohn 100%.

• Like 5

Stupid dumb American audience. Fucking hell. Get drown on your funny book movies. You deserve what you are gonna get in the future. No space in the market for any other genre. Dunkirk won't even crap 40M next weekend. Mark my words.

• Like 15

Just now, CJohn said:

Stupid dumb American audience. Fucking hell. Get drown on your funny book movies. You deserve what you are gonna get in the future. No space in the market for any other genre. Dunkirk won't even crap 40M next weekend. Mark my words.

Well...Valerian is a CBM and has an RT score over 60% :ph34r: 

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

This is why trump was elected.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Your law has failed. False prophet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

The Law had to crumble eventually and CJohn beat it so fast to the ground that Apes may end up being the victim

You laugh now but you will cry next week when Dunkirk fails to do 35M.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Well...Valerian is a CBM and has an RT score over 60% :ph34r: 

Valerian might actually not open above 10M at this point.

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

This is why trump was elected.....

I agree.

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Your law has failed. False prophet.

Americans wanted to prove they weren't sheeps. It is as simple as that. All they did was to prove they deserve the future they are gonna get.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Damn. I was betting on an increase from Dawn due to it's positive reception and the really good reviews for this one.

Fucking hell the one time I think the Tomato law might not be BS and it doesn't work. I blame @CJohn 100%.

Again, a movie marketed as aggressively sobering, dour and downright depraved does not make an easy sell in the summer blockbuster season... It's one thing if it counter programming based on a historical event as in Dunkirk. It's a whole other thing when it's movie in which apes talk. And, again, that said, evening numbers will spike and War will come in somewhere between $22.5M and $25M. It's gonna go up. Spidey will likely go up a $15M+ as well.

• Like 5