WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

22mil is better than 18mil obviously. Of course I didn't believe it would get under 21mil Friday.

Everyone makes dopey predictions so I'm not going to pretend that it's more special when a fellow Spiderman fan does. Was all this Spider Man's going to drop less than 50% talk obnoxious to me because it was coming from people willfully ignoring the weekday numbers? Yes but I'm sure I'm obnoxious about wrong predictions as well and will be in the future.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I know it's fun to shit on iJack, but a relative of his recently passed away. I'm sure he'll own up to his prediction whenever he comes back, so let's not mock him.

He already did in this thread somewhere......ijack isn't the same ijack from 4 years ago.....he's pretty stand up now and he's a good poster.  He's a little too passionate at times but then again, we all can be.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

22mil is better than 18mil obviously. Of course I didn't believe it would get under 21mil Friday.

LOL.....come on dude.  You didn't believe it would get under 21 mill even after all the reports had it at 20?

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I know it's fun to shit on iJack, but a relative of his recently passed away. I'm sure he'll own up to his prediction whenever he comes back, so let's not mock him.

Amen, he's probably at a funeral, so being nice is the order of the day - he's already had a rough week...and there's nothing wrong with someone being optimistic, but nice, about his hopes and estimates for a movie.  IJack never told anyone they were idiots for thinking his numbers weren't going to be right...he kept it upbeat and friendly, the way we should see that kinda discussion on the board:)...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Are family films the only types that typically increase on Saturday? Would something like Apes decrease from Friday? 

Well, you know it will definitely increase from it's true Friday.....probably something like 25%.  So we can hope for a 21 mill Saturday as well.  If that happens they will announce a 60 mill weekend and then it will probably come in at 59.5.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Amen, he's probably at a funeral, so being nice is the order of the day - he's already had a rough week...and there's nothing wrong with someone being optimistic, but nice, about his hopes and estimates for a movie.  IJack never told anyone they were idiots for thinking his numbers weren't going to be right...he kept it upbeat and friendly, the way we should see that kinda discussion on the board:)...

I hope you don't mean me, in this statement.  I have never called ijack an idiot.....just a loonie.....because we all are at times. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think Wonder Woman will either end up with 1.9 or 2 million. I don't think there's going to be some huge change.

Of course not.  

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I hope you don't mean me, in this statement.  I have never called ijack an idiot.....just a loonie.....because we all are at times. :)

No, I was pointing out his club and threads didn't devolve to that...no one did:)...on either side:)...

It was refreshing!

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

If Spidey ends up grossing less than SS (say, 329 million, which would be a fantastic number anyway), I would be very shocked. However, it would probably lend some credence to the idea that six films about the same character in a span of 15 years, no matter how popular said character is, may have an impact on people's interest in buying aticket. SS got awful reviews, but there was an element of novelty, while SM:H, despite great reviews, is still the sixth Spider-Man movie in 15 years.

We'll see how 'character fatigue' plays out in 2019. Batman's been in just as many movies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

We'll see how 'character fatigue' plays out in 2019. Batman's been in just as many movies

It will also gross in the $330m dom and below range.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

The other thing this Spidey had going against it is that it was coming off three pretty poorly received films.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

It will also gross in the $330m dom and below range.

I agree...IF they don't "rehabilitate" the character in JL...if they do (and I personally like the Bat), I won't make a guess on the future BO til I see the trailer:)...

I think the problem with Spider-Man was not just fatigue and coming off three mixed-to-bad-received outings, but it also didn't look that much different from the others. Yes, this is a younger Peter Parker and it has the MCU connections, but even that only goes so far to interest audiences as this seems to prove. Reeves' Batman could be quite different from Nolan's films, so that should work in its favor.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, miketheavenger said:

I think the problem with Spider-Man was not just fatigue and coming off three mixed-to-bad-received outings, but it also didn't look that much different from the others. Yes, this is a younger Peter Parker and it has the MCU connections, but even that only goes so far to interest audiences as this seems to prove. Reeves' Batman could be quite different from Nolan's films, so that should work in its favor.

As long as we don't see Catwoman or Joker...at this point, those two characters have to be retired for awhile from the Bat movie screen...