Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

Just now, Diana Prince said:

Spider-Man had exactly the same percentage drop from last weekend. What does that mean for this weekend? Another 60+ drop? How do these things correlate? I cannot wait to take my son to see future Spider-Man movies. If there is an animated version, like some have said, then that would be great. Lego Batman ran a little long and he started to get restless. 

Nah, it's looking at 50%-55%. There's an animated version in Christmas 2018 starring Miles Morales a African American/Hispanic Teen as Spider-Man.

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! :( I miss it!

It's a damn shame it ended, cause it actually start to get really good in the second season. It's even an bigger shame because they left it on a cliffhanger with Brainiac 5's betrayal, not being resolved. 

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Believe or not, I can think Emoji can do $40M OW.

I'd wait to see how yesterday's big $5 deal helped presales - if they didn't move a lot, that's really not good...

PS - For my kids, even $5/ticket was too rich for Saturday night with 3d...maybe if I get $2.50 like I did for non-3d DM3 tomorrow they might go just for the nice popcorn:)...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

I'd wait to see how yesterday's big $5 deal helped presales - if they didn't move a lot, that's really not good...

PS - For my kids, even $5/ticket was too rich for Saturday night with 3d...maybe if I get $2.50 like I did for non-3d DM3 tomorrow they might go just for the nice popcorn:)...

Thing is animated films never do to well in presales unless it's a sequel or something Illumination like Pets, DM3, Minions, or Dory

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

To me Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Don't care about anyone else taking up the mantle.

To be fair though, Miguel is a futuristic verison of Spider-Man (Spidey's version of Batman Beyond). He's pretty cool and like Miles is Hispanic.

Hmm I wonder who we'll get on the big screen first, Terry or Miguel... Batman Beyond vs Spider-Man 2099 

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Nah, it's looking at 50%-55%. There's an animated version in Christmas 2018 starring Miles Morales a African American/Hispanic Teen as Spider-Man.

I wonder if audiences are going to have Spider-Man fatigue, with him appearing in three different movies in the space of two years plus an animated film.

• Like 3

Just now, Jonwo said:

I wonder if audiences are going to have Spider-Man fatigue, with him appearing in three different movies in the space of two years plus an animated film.

Most definitely. The animated Spidey will just confuse people.

• Like 2

50-52% drop will give SMH 21-22

I don't think APES will fall 62% in the 2nd weekend like SMH cause it's previews/Friday/Sat were not as front-loaded as SMH %-wise.

Predicting a 57-59% drop from 56.25 for for 23-24.

Feel fairly confident that APES will edge of SMH 23-24 vs 21-22.

1. DUNKIRK 42.5
  2. APES 24
  3. VALERIAN 22.5
  4. SMH 21
  5. GIRLS TRIP 19

EDIT: Looking at other numbers, looks like I am massively under-predicting GIRLS TRIP. Just gave it 4 less than BAD MOMS.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, a2knet said:

50-52% drop will give SMH 21-22

I don't think APES will fall 62% in the 2nd weekend like SMH cause it's previews/Friday/Sat were not as front-loaded as SMH %-wise.

Predicting a 57-59% drop from 56.25 for for 23-24.

Feel fairly confident that APES will edge of SMH 23-24 vs 21-22.

1. DUNKIRK 42.5
  2. APES 24
  3. VALERIAN 22.5
  4. SMH 21
  5. GIRLS TRIP 18

you are underestimating GT. i think its gonna breakout.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I'd say more "Spider-Man" confusion...this Spidey is gonna make a significant amount of money and Tom Halland as Peter Parker has been well received...so it's gonna be odd to not have him in the Spidey movie - kids are gonna be confused and asking where he is.  That's gonna be expensive to advertise away the confusion or bad to WOM when expectations aren't met...

Heck, as a kludge, I'd pay Tom Holland to be in a 60 second animated skit before the movie mentioning this is the Spidey of another Earth and enjoy:)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

you are underestimating GT. i think its gonna breakout.

BAD MOMS did 23..how much can GT do? I didn't think it could beat it.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

BAD MOMS did 23..how much can GT do? I didn't think it could beat it.

I disagree - African American audiences tend to rush to OW more, so you can't just look at it as Bad Moms...it will have a higher rush...and if it expands its audience (which I think it might), it could have Bad Moms-like legs on top...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It's almost as if the cinema gods are using APES to cruelly punish the transgressors who believed in the Tomato Law. 

Apes deserves so much more :( but then again, so did JW

Anyway, 1st local has set its screens...big loser is The Big Sick, which, while only in its 2nd week there, has been dropped to 2 showings/day...they also made the interesting choice to split the 3d screen among THREE movies - Valerian (2), Apes (2), Spidey (1)...

Surprisingly, Baby Driver AND WW kept a full screen - Apes gave an equivalent full one up, SM gave up a 1/2 one, and BS gave a 1/2, and a limited movie left for the last screen to fit the newbies...Plus, none of the new movies, as of now, earned anything more than the single screen (or equivalent since Valerian is getting a 1/2 3d and a 1/2 regular) they were getting...that could change:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1