Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

25 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

@a2knet please provide that weekdays data.

It has been holding better than catfa, and other mcu movie, I forget in first 10 days. July effect. Stronger weekdays

It's still bad but not as bad as that % drop implies.

Here it is

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24398-weekend-actuals-page-150-apes-563m-smh-442m-dm3-194m-baby-87m-big-dick-75m-ww-68m-wish-upon-55m-tomatoes-losing-their-power/?do=findComment&comment=3108083

• Like 1

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (3) Despicable Me 3 Universal $2,646,135 -52% 4,155 $637   $191,045,850    18
- (5) Wonder Woman Warner Bros. $875,213 -55% 2,744 $319   $381,478,677 46
- (8) Transformers: The Last Knight Paramount Pictures $367,149 -58% 2,323 $158   $125,319,355 27

DM3 has been holding well. It could come close to BOSS BABY's 3.47x multi and get the best multiplier for animations in 2017 so far:

BB 3.47x

SMURFS3 3.38x

LEGO BAT 3.32x

CARS3 2.75-2.80x

DM3 3.33-3.47x (241-251)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'd find it more entertaining if you disparaged both in each post. Equal opportunity offender. You know, if you're going rip SMH throw in a few jabs at WW as well. That way, everyone's (un)happy, no?

Dude I have said since day one I didn't like WW if you want to act all fragile I suggest to log of.

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

That would be interesting. Gut says they will keep an eye on how Sony's Spidey animation behaves before they do DC animations at a big scale,

You know what would be epic for WAG? Potter. Spielberg wanted to make Potter with animation as the medium when WB approached him, before Dreamworks did Shrek.

If WAG remakes those 7 books with high-quality animation that would be something.

JK Rowling isn't going to allow any animated Harry Potter spin-offs, that's the biggest reason why WB can't do animated Wizarding World. 

DC in comparison has a number of characters that could work in animation like the Metal Men, Plastic Man etc Metal Men in particular would suit animation,

4 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The problem with the Lego movies is that they aren't doing that great worldwide. I mean Lego Batman did very poorly overseas.

The humour of Lego Batman was very pop culture heavy which is why it did better in the UK than say France or Germany but I think trying to broaden that humour might end up hurting the Lego fillms domestically 

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

WAG has access to a major library of Hanna-Barbera toons. They need to dust them off the shelves and get really funky with modernizing them.

@YourMother may be right about the June 2018 animation being DC Superhero Girls. Maybe a prequel movie to kick-off the animated series from the My Little Pony creator. 

Scooby Doo is a best seller hence why they're doing an animated film. The Flintstones and The Jetsons make sense since you can expand the premise, I'd like to see Jonny Quest as an animated film. The Looney Tunes are much harder to pull off, the previous attempts haven't been great, same with Tom and Jerry which IMO is even harder to do a feature film compared to The Looney Tunes as neither character speaks unless they do it Shaun the Sheep style with minimal dialogue and just noises and grunts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

JK Rowling isn't going to allow any animated Harry Potter spin-offs, that's the biggest reason why WB can't do animated Wizarding World. 

If the make a lucrative deal, get British actors to voice the characters, etc. she might agree. Don't know why she would put her foot down if they accede to her demands.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

DM3 i think is benefiting from the fact that there are no other animated kid movies right now in the marketplace.

I get the feeling The Emoji Movie won't make much of a dent.

• Like 1

Wonder Woman is 450k higher in daily gross and running gross compared to the first Hunger Games movie now. THG is still 4 weeks away from hitting summer weekdays, by Sunday Wonder Woman will be about 3M higher than Hunger Games in running total. Since the competition post this weekend is basically nil, it can track closely to THG final total soon if it continues holding well.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not fragile. I haven't liked a CBM movie enough care that much since maybe Hellboy II. I just think it would be more entertaining.

Hell boy ll? You have no ideal how many times I saw thatamd Irobot  in theaters .

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1