CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

$50m seems safe for Dunkirk...not sure what the high share of IMAX means

It means that it is selling a high % of it's tickets in IMAX. Which makes sense, and that will inflate the gross quite a bit since they are sold at a premium.

Edited by Jayhawk

Just now, Damianport1 said:

Its going to be frontload big time of course with Nolans fans AND Harry Styles fans. but still. 40M should be locked. whats the worse case scenario?

Should be about $45M for the weekend at least. Guess we'll have to see how it holds today and tomorrow, it's definitely one of the more senior-skewing blockbuster titles to come along in some time.

• Like 1

Just now, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

Moderation:

Okay, let's nip this shit in the bud, okay? @That One Guy, the easy solution would be to thread-ban you for the weekend. Would you prefer that or acting semi-decently?

I'll try to act in civilized manner.

Still, I'm not happy with that Valerian number :sadben: 

Just now, That One Guy said:

I'll try to act in civilized manner.

Still, I'm not happy with that Valerian number :sadben: 

We warned you. Don't know why you're acting surprised. It was a given this was gonna be a domestic disaster from the moment the trailer landed.

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I don't know what to say to that, other than you're the only person I've seen who's concocted this bugbear. A visceral experience is not mutually exclusive to telling a story. In fact the two are necessarily linked in war movies.

Anyway, I know bugger all about projecting preview numbers to OW, but anything much above 50m would be really great. Hard to think of another director who can sell a film on their name alone the way Nolan can right now.

Serious question: Is Nolan the biggest single-name draw in Hollywood right now? (both actors and directors)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Should be about $45M for the weekend at least. Guess we'll have to see how it holds today and tomorrow, it's definitely one of the more senior-skewing blockbuster titles to come along in some time.

I wouldn't be surprised if has stronger than average weekdays, the older audience will likely check it out but not on opening weekend.