MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

13 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Cool.  

I extended an olive branch to you and you not only didn't accept it, you lit it on fire and threw in on the ground.

You're too emotionally invested in this and you're not thinking straight.  Enjoy the fight.  It's all you do now anyway.  

"Karma is a bitch" was an olive branch? :sparta:

27 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Can we talk about Sony's 2018 slate for a second? I'm wondering if anyone of them can get over $400M WW or will it be a repeat of 2016.

Probably Hotel Transylvania or Animated Spider-Man movie. Peter Rabbit has a chance too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Cool.  

I extended an olive branch to you and you not only didn't accept it, you lit it on fire and threw in on the ground.

You're too emotionally invested in this and you're not thinking straight.  Enjoy the fight.  It's all you do now anyway.  

You're a Raimi fanboy.

Raimi fanboys everywhere out to trash SMH!

:ohmyzod:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I am with WrathofHan here. You all are not even discussing just throwing shades all over. And @Cochofles baumer has agreed with han too.

What are the chances of GT doing more than GB16 dom total? I think it's likely.

With a hold like this, it's probably locked tbh.

Just now, filmlover said:

What's everyone predicting next weekend? I'm going with $15M for The Dark Tower, $10M for Detroit, and $4M for Kidnap.

Dark Tower: 18M

Detroit: 10M

Kidnap: 3M

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cochofles said:

So I guess the only upcoming films of 2017 with a chance to outgross Wonder Woman domestically are Justice League and The Last Jedi (well, TLJ is a lock to do that)? Right? Unless something comes out of left field and tears through the box office like Diana through no man's land.

Justice League 

8 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

I hope so too! I loved Storks and really liked Captain Underpants! 

It'll make as much as those two, probably a little more. There is literally no competition for a month and a half. (Nut Job 2 is not even a blip)

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

What's everyone predicting next weekend? I'm going with $15M for The Dark Tower, $10M for Detroit, and $4M for Kidnap.

14M for Dark Tower. 10M for Detroit. 7M for Kidnap.

Just now, filmlover said:

Looking at detroit PTA this w/e, I think it can go lower. Or am I looking it wrong? When does TDT embargo lift?

I have no idea who the audience for Kidnap is. I got the trailer before Valerian, and it sends off really mixed signals. The movie has been online for ages and went through five release date changes before settling on the 4th with Aviron. This isn't like 47 Meters or Wish Upon where the market is starved; I don't even know what the market is for this movie! The voiceover of "HALLE BERRY" and "KIDNAP" was hilarious though :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Dark Tower-18m

Detriot-10m

kidnap-3m

Edited by babz06

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Curious to see if Deadline's late numbers are accurate. They are pretty different from what RTH posted. 

Yes. I like the 8.2 number a lot more than 7.8 :ph34r:

• Like 1