CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

17 minutes ago, YourMother said:

VP of Regal. What does this mean?

means different people have different opinions, like different movies. :D

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

means different people have different opinions, like different movies.

Yeah, way too early to tell. It's like BOZ not liking JW and most of us loving it. It happens. I'm mildly curious about Jumanji, I'm sure that I will check out, but I'm a "casual" when it comes to fillms outside the superhero genre and will probably just see it at home. 

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wait, WHAAAAAAAAAT?!

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU, PORTUGUESE PEOPLE. You all deserve Salvador telling you that he could fart and you'd cheer it in a charity concert. :sadben:

It is pretty much the only big animation movie available during August, which is the month when everyone is on vacations. The other options come at the end of the month with Richard the Stork and Surf's Up 2 (yes, the one done in partnership with WWE).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

My bad, I read the chart on the last page wrong.

My guess is Spidey's estimate is pretty dead on. Both Dunkirk and WW are averaging around 70% increases which is what 1.8 more or less comes out to for Spidey from its Thursday gross.

$15 million OD, that's nearly identical to its predecessor's OD. That's new for a horror sequel, maybe it can pull offf in the long run with $13-$14 million today and a $9-$10 million Sunday. Which would bring in anywhere from a $35-$39 million start. Still though Horror this year has pulled off very strong as we've had so far three films debut with over $30 million(Annabelle, Get Out, and Split). Also it's amazing to note that now Annabelle has now pulled in more cash overseas with nearly $18 million. 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

My guess is Spidey's estimate is pretty dead on. Both Dunkirk and WW are averaging around 70% increases which is what 1.8 more or less comes out to for Spidey from its Thursday gross.

As long as it stays above $1.8m, I'm happy. Let's see. 

22 minutes ago, the beast said:

#WonderWoman has passed Frozen to move into 26th place all-time domestically after grossing $405K on Friday. 71-Day total is $401.13M.

It looks like Wonder Woman will make more this weekend than Spider-Man did in the entire week (at the equivalent week in its run). Looking at maybe ~$500,000 more this weekend alone than Spidey made.

Wonder Woman, with estimates, is only trailing $227,000 behind Spidey on day 71 (in terms of total domestic gross), and she should be ahead of Spidey by the end of the weekend.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1