the beast

Annabelle 2 Earns $3.62M On Monday! Dunkirk Earns $1.31M On Monday

33 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Start of Monday numbers...

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (4) The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature Open Road $942,091 -54% 4,003 $235   $9,284,402 4
- (7) Girls Trip Universal $707,395 -58% 2,303 $307   $97,847,375 25
- (8) Kidnap Aviron Pictures $537,201 -63% 2,418 $222   $19,803,307 11
- (9) Atomic Blonde Focus Features $530,780 -58% 2,093 $254   $43,258,640 18
- (12) Despicable Me 3 Universal $446,620 -51% 2,013 $222   $248,182,485 46
- (11) War for the Planet of the Apes 20th Century Fox $420,780 -60% 2,098 $201   $137,652,971 32
- (-) Valerian and the City of a … STX Entertainment $109,548 -57% 785 $140   $38,468,865 25

When will NJ2 go below 1m in dailes? nvm

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Nut Job 2's floppage is heartening that families do make a decision to not that their kids to any old crap. 

It helps that they never offered cheap tickets...now, the new AMC Tuesday deal and the new MoviePass deal might change that the next few days...but I hope not...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

It helps that they never offered cheap tickets...now, the new AMC Tuesday deal and the new MoviePass deal might change that the next few days...but I hope not...

Can't see how the MoviePass will help since it's one ticket at a time. Will help the adult movies more than anything

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Can't see how the MoviePass will help since it's one ticket at a time. Will help the adult movies more than anything

But you can get an account/person, so families could buy 3-4 accounts, if it was a good time for those movies (I, personally, would wait til Nov/Dec and then go to town on all the old movies and the new ones coming...and then I'd cancel until spring and do it again:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

But you can get an account/person, so families could buy 3-4 accounts, if it was a good time for those movies (I, personally, would wait til Nov/Dec and then go to town on all the old movies and the new ones coming...and then I'd cancel until spring and do it again:)...

Possible. But I don't think the Pass could be used often enough to justify it for the Nut Job type of crowd. Not enough family movies to sustain that kind of frequency.

But maybe I'm wrong. I signed up. Gonna take all my willpower to not just grab a ticket to Dunkirk every day :sparta:

• Like 1

Spider-Man did $804,762 this Monday, falling -48.1% from last Monday, but that was a Holiday and I think that Homecoming had one of the soft drops compared with the other films. Let's see how it goes throughout the week into the seventh weekend. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I just want Hitman's Bodyguard to open north of 20 million.

Me and a friend will be doing our part. Tickets aren't on sale here yet but we'll be going to see it on the weekend.

• Like 1

Hitman's Bodyguard's reviews have been all over the place. I hope it does well off a $30 million budget. I heard that Baby Driver is expanding on August 25th, it would be interesting to see how it pulls out in its expansion. Logan Lucky's RT is still solid, but this could be another Detroit instead of a Baby Driver. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonwo said:

The Nut Job 2's floppage is heartening that families do make a decision to not that their kids to any old crap. 

doesn't mean as much when Emoji is on track for 80+. Can't imagine how crap like Boss Baby managed to do 3.5x for nearly 175 dom.